Affiliation: California Institute of Technology
- Paired-angle-rotation scanning optical coherence tomography forward-imaging probeJigang Wu
Department of Electrical Engineering, California Institute of Technology, California 91125, USA
Opt Lett 31:1265-7. 2006..The system sensitivity was measured to be 93 dB by using the prototype probe with an illumination power of 450 microW on the sample. Moreover, the axial and the lateral resolutions of the probe are 9.3 and 10.3-12.5 microm, respectively...
- Homodyne en face optical coherence tomographyZahid Yaqoob
Department of Electrical Engineering, MC 136 93, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, 91125, USA
Opt Lett 31:1815-7. 2006..4 microm laterally with a 90 dB signal-to-noise ratio at 10 micros integration time. En face OCT imaging of a stage 52 Xenopus laevis was successfully demonstrated at a depth of 600 microm within the sample...
- Molecular contrast optical coherence tomography: A pump-probe scheme using indocyanine green as a contrast agentZahid Yaqoob
California Institute of Technology, Department of Electrical Engineering, Biophotonics Laboratory, 4 Moore Building, M C 136 93, 1200 E California Blvd, Pasadena, California 91125, USA
J Biomed Opt 11:054017. 2006..The paper also demonstrates ICG-based MCOCT imaging in tissue phantoms as well as within stage 54 Xenopus laevis...
- Methods and application areas of endoscopic optical coherence tomographyZahid Yaqoob
Engineering and Applied Sciences Division, Electrical Engineering Department, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California 91125, USA
J Biomed Opt 11:063001. 2006..We highlight two additional applications--biopsy procedures and neurosurgery--where sufficiently compact OCT-based endoscopes can have significant clinical impacts...
- Harmonically matched grating-based full-field quantitative high-resolution phase microscope for observing dynamics of transparent biological samplesJigang Wu
Department of Electrical Engineering, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California 91125, USA
Opt Express 15:18141-55. 2007..The system has a lateral resolution of 1.6 mum and a phase sensitivity of 62 mrad. We employed the system to acquire high resolution phase images of onion skin cells and a phase movie of amoeba proteus in motion...
- Characterization of light collection through a subwavelength aperture from a point sourceXin Heng
Department of Electrical Engineering MC136 93, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
Opt Express 14:10410-25. 2006..5 is achievable with subwavelength aperture based devices when the aperture size is smaller than 225 nm...
- Optofluidic microscopy--a method for implementing a high resolution optical microscope on a chipXin Heng
Department of Electrical Engineering, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
Lab Chip 6:1274-6. 2006....
- Turbidity suppression from the ballistic to the diffusive regime in biological tissues using optical phase conjugationEmily J McDowell
California Institute of Technology, Department of Bioengineering, 1200 East California Boulevard, Mail Code 136 93, Pasadena, California 91125, USA
J Biomed Opt 15:025004. 2010..Our results describe the highest level of scattering that has been phase conjugated in biological tissues to date...