Affiliation: California Environmental Protection Agency
- Cigarette smoking among lesbians, gays, and bisexuals: how serious a problem? (United States)Hao Tang
California Department of Health Services, Tobacco Control Section, Sacramento, CA 95899 7413, USA
Cancer Causes Control 15:797-803. 2004....
- English language proficiency and smoking prevalence among California's Asian AmericansHao Tang
Tobacco Control Section, California Department of Health Services, Sacramento, CA 95899 7413, USA
Cancer 104:2982-8. 2005..English proficiency seemed to have the effect of reducing smoking prevalence rates among Asian males but had just the opposite effect among Asian females...
- Changes of attitudes and patronage behaviors in response to a smoke-free bar lawHao Tang
Tobacco Control Section, California Department of Health Services, Sacramento 94234 7320, USA
Am J Public Health 93:611-7. 2003..We examined patron responses to a California smoke-free bar law...
- Changes of knowledge, attitudes, beliefs, and preference of bar owner and staff in response to a smoke-free bar lawH Tang
California Department of Health Services, Sacramento, California, USA
Tob Control 13:87-9. 2004..To examine attitudinal changes of bar owners and staff regarding a smoke-free bar law...
- Provider smoking cessation advice among California Asian-American smokersElisa K Tong
Department of Internal Medicine, University of California Davis, Sacramento, California 95817, USA
Am J Health Promot 25:S70-4. 2011..To determine proportions of provider advice to quit smoking for Asian-American smokers and to describe factors that may affect the provision of such advice...
- The impact of social norm change strategies on smokers' quitting behavioursXueying Zhang
California Department of Public Health, Tobacco Control Program, MS 7206, P O Box 997377, Sacramento, CA 95899 7377, USA
Tob Control 19:i51-5. 2010..Using a social norm change paradigm model that reflects the California Tobacco Control Program's (CTCP) priorities, we compare the strength of the relationship of the social norm constructs to key smoking behavioural outcomes...
- An evaluation of the California community interventionMary V Modayil
California Department of Public Health, California Tobacco Control Program, MS 7206, P O Box 997377, Sacramento, CA 95899 7377, USA
Tob Control 19:i30-6. 2010..We conducted this study to determine key community-level factors associated with higher tobacco control programme performance...
- Smoke-free policies among Asian-American women: comparisons by education statusElisa K Tong
Department of Internal Medicine, University of California, Davis, California, USA
Am J Prev Med 37:S144-50. 2009..California's ethnic-specific surveys present an opportunity to disaggregate data and examine the impact of California's smoke-free social norm campaign for Asian-American women...
- Using a cessation-related outcome index to assess California's cessation progress at the population levelHao Tang
Genetic Disease Screening Program, California Department of Public Health, 850 Marina Bay Parkway, MS 8200, Richmond, CA 94804, USA
Tob Control 19:i56-61. 2010..Research is scarce on CTCP's impact on overall smoking cessation in California...
- Improving the self reporting of tobacco use: results of a factorial experimentD W Cowling
Tobacco Control Section, California Department of Health Services, USA
Tob Control 12:178-83. 2003..This prompted an experiment designed to investigate these potential sources of measurement error...
- High quit ratio among Asian immigrants in California: implications for population tobacco cessationShu Hong Zhu
Cancer Center, Mail Code 0905, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0905, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 9:S505-14. 2007..These results suggest that creating an impetus to drive up quit attempts, which often results from a significant change in social norms toward smoking, is the most important strategy to improve cessation on the population level...
- Review of smoking cessation research among Asian Americans: the state of the researchMoon S Chen
Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, University of California, Davis, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 9:485-93. 2007..We concluded with three specific recommendations for further research on smoking cessation intervention research focused on Asian Americans...
- [Analysis of factors for bacterial infection following liver transplantation]Yuan-fei Tan
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, Nanfang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou 510515, China
Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 26:518-20. 2006..The anhepatic time does not significantly impact on the incidence or severity of the posttransplant infections, and Pseudomonas aeruginosa is the most common bacteria causing the infections...
- The extent of pregnancy mistiming and its association with maternal characteristics and behaviors and pregnancy outcomesLeaVonne Pulley
Department of Health Behavior, School of Public Health, University of Alabama at Birmingham, USA
Perspect Sex Reprod Health 34:206-11. 2002..These relationships have not yet been explored...