Affiliation: California State University
- Adolescents on the net: Internet use and well-beingKaveri Subrahmanyam
Department of Psychology, California State University, 5151 State University Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90032, USA
Adolescence 42:659-77. 2007..The implications of our results for researchers, parents, and other lay persons are discussed...
- Connecting developmental constructions to the internet: identity presentation and sexual exploration in online teen chat roomsKaveri Subrahmanyam
Department of Child and Family Studies, California State University, Los Angeles, CA 90032 8190, USA
Dev Psychol 42:395-406. 2006....
- In their words: connecting on-line weblogs to developmental processesKaveri Subrahmanyam
Department of Psychology, California State University, Los Angeles, CA 90032, USA
Br J Dev Psychol 27:219-45. 2009..Our results show that adolescent bloggers project off-line themes to their blogs, suggesting that their on-line and off-line contexts are psychologically connected...
- Youth Internet use: risks and opportunitiesShu Sha Angie Guan
Children s Digital Media Center, Los Angeles, USA
Curr Opin Psychiatry 22:351-6. 2009..In addition, positive aspects of Internet use such as its potential for learning and enhancing social relations as well as delivering health interventions will be examined...
- "Any girls want to chat press 911": partner selection in monitored and unmonitored teen chat roomsDavid Smahel
Institute for Research on Children, Youth and Family, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic
Cyberpsychol Behav 10:346-53. 2007..g., the use of numerals, sexualized requests) as a function of participants' age and gender, and chat room ecology (monitored vs. unmonitored)...