M E Roland
Affiliation: California Environmental Protection Agency
- Preventing human immunodeficiency virus infection among sexual assault survivors in Cape Town, South Africa: an observational studyMichelle E Roland
Positive Health Program at San Francisco General Hospital, University of California San Francisco, 94110, USA
AIDS Behav 16:990-8. 2012..Adherence interventions and targeted risk reduction counseling should be provided to minimize HIV acquisition...
- HIV-infected liver and kidney transplant recipients: 1- and 3-year outcomesM E Roland
University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Am J Transplant 8:355-65. 2008....
- A randomized noninferiority trial of standard versus enhanced risk reduction and adherence counseling for individuals receiving post-exposure prophylaxis following sexual exposures to HIVMichelle E Roland
Positive Health Program, Department of Internal Medicine, San Francisco General Hospital, San Francisco, California, USA
Clin Infect Dis 53:76-83. 2011..Intensive risk reduction and adherence counseling appear to be effective but are resource intensive. Identifying simpler interventions that maximize the HIV prevention potential of PEP is critical...
- Feasibility of postexposure prophylaxis (PEP) against human immunodeficiency virus infection after sexual or injection drug use exposure: the San Francisco PEP StudyJ O Kahn
Positive Health Program, Dept of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, at San Francisco General Hospital, 995 Potrero Ave, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
J Infect Dis 183:707-14. 2001..PEP, after nonoccupational HIV exposure, is feasible for persons at risk for HIV infection...
- Immunosuppressant pharmacokinetics and dosing modifications in HIV-1 infected liver and kidney transplant recipientsL A Frassetto
Department of Medicine, Clinical Research Center, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Am J Transplant 7:2816-20. 2007..Changes in antiretroviral therapy should be carefully managed to avoid insufficient immunosuppression or toxicity due to drug interactions...
- Virologic and clinical outcomes of hepatitis B virus infection in HIV-HBV coinfected transplant recipientsC S Coffin
Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Am J Transplant 10:1268-75. 2010..Combination HBIG and antivirals is effective as prophylaxis with no clinical evidence of HBV recurrence but low-level HBV DNA is detectable in approximately 50% of recipients...
- Thymoglobulin-associated Cd4+ T-cell depletion and infection risk in HIV-infected renal transplant recipientsJ T Carter
Department of Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, California, USA
Am J Transplant 6:753-60. 2006....
- Postexposure prophylaxis for human immunodeficiency virus infection after sexual or injection drug use exposure: identification and characterization of the source of exposureM E Roland
University of California at San Francisco, Div of AIDS, Dept of Medicine, San Francisco General Hospital, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
J Infect Dis 184:1608-12. 2001..The treatment history, particularly nonuse of a class of antiretroviral drugs, can be used to predict drug resistance...