E M Porter
Affiliation: California State University
- Evolving neural network optimization of cholesteryl ester separation by reversed-phase HPLCMichael A Jansen
Department of Biological Sciences, California State University Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90032, USA
Anal Bioanal Chem 397:2367-74. 2010....
- The multifaceted Paneth cellE M Porter
Department of Biology and Microbiology, California State University Los Angeles, 90032, USA
Cell Mol Life Sci 59:156-70. 2002..Other PC components suggest that PCs may also participate in the regulation of lumenal ionic composition, crypt development, digestion, and intestinal inflammation...
- Distinct defensin profiles in Neisseria gonorrhoeae and Chlamydia trachomatis urethritis reveal novel epithelial cell-neutrophil interactionsEdith Porter
Department of Biological Sciences, California State University, Los Angeles, 5151 State University Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90032, USA
Infect Immun 73:4823-33. 2005....
- Expansion of Paneth cell population in response to enteric Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium infectionNadine R Martinez Rodriguez
Department of Biological Sciences, California State University Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, USA
Infect Immun 80:266-75. 2012..Infection-induced expansion of the Paneth cell population may represent an acute intestinal inflammatory response similar to neutrophilia in systemic infection...
- Localization of human intestinal defensin 5 in Paneth cell granulesE M Porter
Department of Medicine, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Infect Immun 65:2389-95. 1997..Since Paneth cells release their granules adjacent to the mitotic cells of the intestinal crypts, HD could protect this cell population against invasion and parasitization by microbes...
- Neisseria gonorrhoeae-induced human defensins 5 and 6 increase HIV infectivity: role in enhanced transmissionMary E Klotman
Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Place, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Immunol 180:6176-85. 2008..Furthermore, this study demonstrates the complexity of defensins as innate immune mediators in HIV transmission and warrants further investigation of the mechanism by which defensins modulate HIV infection...
- Paneth cell trypsin is the processing enzyme for human defensin-5Dipankar Ghosh
Department of Immunology, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Nat Immunol 3:583-90. 2002..By acting as a prodefensin convertase in human Paneth cells, trypsin is involved in the regulation of innate immunity in the small intestine...
- Reduced Paneth cell alpha-defensins in ileal Crohn's diseaseJan Wehkamp
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, School of Medicine, University of California, Davis, 95616, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:18129-34. 2005..Thus, the specific deficiency of PC defensins that characterizes ileal CD may compromise innate immune defenses of the ileal mucosa and initiate and/or perpetuate this disease...
- Lipids: Effectors in Innate ImmunityEdith Porter; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..