Scott V Masten
Affiliation: California Environmental Protection Agency
- The effectiveness of home-study driver education compared to classroom instruction: the impact on student knowledge and attitudesScott V Masten
California Department of Motor Vehicles, Sacramento, California, USA
Traffic Inj Prev 5:117-21. 2004..Home-study driver education programs exist in several states, but none have been scientifically evaluated to determine if such courses are as effective as classroom courses for teaching driver education...
- Problem driver remediation: a meta-analysis of the driver improvement literatureScott V Masten
RC Peck and Associates, 101 Simmons Way, Folsom, CA 95630, USA
J Safety Res 35:403-25. 2004....
- The effects of graduated driver licensing on hospitalization rates and charges for 16-and 17-year-olds in North CarolinaLewis H Margolis
Department of Maternal and Child Health, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7445, USA
Traffic Inj Prev 8:35-8. 2007..The objective of this study is to examine the association between the implementation of the North Carolina GDL program and the rate of hospitalization, as well as hospital charges, for 16-and 17-year-old drivers...
- Long-term effect of the North Carolina graduated driver licensing system on licensed driver crash incidence: a 5-year survival analysisScott V Masten
University of North Carolina Highway Safety Research Center, 730 Martin Luther King, Jr Blvd, Suite 300 Campus Box 3430, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 3430, United States
Accid Anal Prev 42:1647-52. 2010..The benefits are greater for males, who tend to have higher crash rates. The findings contradict conventional wisdom that the entire benefit of GDL results merely from decreasing or delaying licensure among young drivers...
- Evaluation of California's graduated driver licensing programScott V Masten
California Department of Motor Vehicles, Research and Development Branch MS F126, 2415 1st Avenue Sacramento, California 95818, USA
J Safety Res 35:523-35. 2004..IMPACT ON INDUSTRY: The findings provide support for passenger and nighttime restriction components of GDL programs...
- Graduated driver licensing and fatal crashes involving 16- to 19-year-old driversScott V Masten
California Department of Motor Vehicles, Research and Development Branch, 2570 24th St MS H 126, Sacramento, CA 95818 2606, USA
JAMA 306:1098-103. 2011....
- Supervised hours requirements in graduated driver licensing: Effectiveness and parental awarenessNatalie P O'Brien
University of North Carolina, Highway Safety Research Center, 730 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Suite 300 CB 3430, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 3430, USA
Accid Anal Prev 50:330-5. 2013..The findings suggest states need to develop more effective mechanisms to ensure parents are aware of supervised hours requirements...