Dawn C Mackey
Affiliation: California Pacific Medical Center
- Usual physical activity and hip fracture in older men: an application of semiparametric methods to observational dataDawn C Mackey
Division of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, USA
Am J Epidemiol 173:578-86. 2011..88, 95% confidence interval: 0.53, 2.03) physical activity relative to low. This study does not support a protective effect of usual physical activity on hip fracture in older men...
- Prediction of clinical non-spine fractures in older black and white men and women with volumetric BMD of the spine and areal BMD of the hip: the Health, Aging, and Body Composition Study*Dawn C Mackey
San Francisco Coordinating Center, California Pacific Medical Center Research Institute, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
J Bone Miner Res 22:1862-8. 2007..4 yr), vertebral TrvBMD from QCT predicted non-spine fracture in black and white women and black men, but it was not a stronger predictor than total hip aBMD from DXA. Hip aBMD predicted non-spine fracture in black men...
- High-trauma fractures and low bone mineral density in older women and menDawn C Mackey
San Francisco Coordinating Center, California Pacific Medical Center Research Institute, San Francisco, California 94107, USA
JAMA 298:2381-8. 2007..It is widely believed that fractures resulting from high trauma are not osteoporotic; however, this assumption has not been studied prospectively...
- Effects of antiresorptive treatment on nonvertebral fracture outcomesDawn C Mackey
San Francisco Coordinating Center, California Pacific Medical Center, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
J Bone Miner Res 26:2411-8. 2011....
- Validation of an armband to measure daily energy expenditure in older adultsDawn C Mackey
California Pacific Medical Center, 185 Berry Street, Suite 5700, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 66:1108-13. 2011..1 (SWA 6.1) and 5.1 (SWA 5.1) relative to criterion methods in free-living older adults...
- Change in hip bone mineral density and risk of subsequent fractures in older menPeggy M Cawthon
Research Institute, California Pacific Medical Center, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Bone Miner Res 27:2179-88. 2012..6; 95% CI 1.1-6.4). Total hip BMD change produced similar results. Accelerated decrease in BMD is a strong, independent risk factor for hip and other nonspine fractures in men...
- Objective assessment of activity, energy expenditure, and functional limitations in older men: the Osteoporotic Fractures in Men studyPeggy M Cawthon
California Pacific Medical Center Research Institute, 185 Berry Street, Lobby 5, Suite 5700, San Francisco, CA 94107 1762
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 68:1518-24. 2013..The relationship between objectively assessed activity, energy expenditure, and the development of functional limitations is unknown...
- Physical performance and risk of hip fractures in older menPeggy Mannen Cawthon
Research Institute, California Pacific Medical Center, San Francisco, California 94107 1762, USA
J Bone Miner Res 23:1037-44. 2008..The repeated chair stands exam should be considered in clinical settings for evaluation of hip fracture risk. Concurrent poor performance on multiple physical function exams is associated with an increased risk of hip fractures...