Affiliation: California Institute of Technology
- Neural crest induction in Xenopus: evidence for a two-signal modelC LaBonne
Division of Biology, Beckman Institute 139 74, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
Development 125:2403-14. 1998..Slug-expressing ectoderm will generate neural crest in the presence of Wnt or FGF-like signals, however, bypassing the need for BMP inhibition in this process. A two-step model for neural crest induction is proposed...
- Induction and patterning of the neural crest, a stem cell-like precursor populationC LaBonne
Division of Biology, Beckman Institute 139 74, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena 91125, USA
J Neurobiol 36:175-89. 1998....
- Molecular mechanisms of neural crest formationC LaBonne
Division of Biology, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena 91125, USA
Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol 15:81-112. 1999..Finally, we review recent advances in our understanding of how neural crest cells become migratory and address the process of neural crest diversification...
- Snail-related transcriptional repressors are required in Xenopus for both the induction of the neural crest and its subsequent migrationC LaBonne
Division of Biology 139 74, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California 91125, USA
Dev Biol 221:195-205. 2000....
- Noelin-1 is a secreted glycoprotein involved in generation of the neural crestM Barembaum
Division of Biology, 139 74, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California 91125, USA
Nat Cell Biol 2:219-25. 2000..These results support an important role for Noelin-1 in regulating the production of neural crest cells by the neural tube...