A C Kimura
Affiliation: California Environmental Protection Agency
- Multistate shigellosis outbreak and commercially prepared food, United StatesAkiko C Kimura
Infectious Diseases Branch, California Department of Health Services, Gardena, California 90248, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 10:1147-9. 2004..This outbreak demonstrates the vulnerability of the food supply and how infectious organisms can rapidly disseminate through point-source contamination of a widely distributed food item...
- Outbreak of necrotizing fasciitis due to Clostridium sordellii among black-tar heroin usersAkiko C Kimura
Division of Communicable Disease Control, California Department of Health Services, Gardena, California 90248, USA
Clin Infect Dis 38:e87-91. 2004....
- A multi-state outbreak of Salmonella serotype Thompson infection from commercially distributed bread contaminated by an ill food handlerA C Kimura
Infectious Diseases Branch, California Department of Health Services, Gardena, CA 90248, USA
Epidemiol Infect 133:823-8. 2005..Inadequate food-handler training as well as delayed reporting to the health department contributed to this outbreak...
- Outbreak of Ralstonia pickettii bacteremia in a neonatal intensive care unitAkiko C Kimura
California Department of Health Services, Gardena, CA, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 24:1099-103. 2005..pickettii is rarely isolated from clinical specimens. In August 2001, a cluster of R. pickettii bacteremia occurred among neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) infants at a California hospital...
- The effectiveness of vaccine day and educational interventions on influenza vaccine coverage among health care workers at long-term care facilitiesAkiko C Kimura
Division of Communicable Disease Control, California Department of Health Services, Gardena, CA 90248, USA
Am J Public Health 97:684-90. 2007..We examined barriers to influenza vaccination among long-term care facility (LTCF) health care workers in Southern California and developed simple, effective interventions to improve influenza vaccine coverage of these workers...
- Chicken consumption is a newly identified risk factor for sporadic Salmonella enterica serotype Enteritidis infections in the United States: a case-control study in FoodNet sitesAkiko C Kimura
Biostatistics and Information Management Branch, Division of Bacterial and Mycotic Disease, National Center for Infectious Disease, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Clin Infect Dis 38:S244-52. 2004..Measures to prevent SE infections include educating consumers and food handlers about food safety and interventions to decrease contamination of eggs and poultry...
- Escherichia coli O157 cluster evaluationAmita Gupta
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 10:1856-8. 2004..Confirmating E. coli O157 clusters with two or more restriction endonucleases is necessary before public health resources are allocated to follow-up investigations...
- A large outbreak of Brainerd diarrhea associated with a restaurant in the Red River Valley, TexasAkiko C Kimura
Division of Bacterial and Mycotic Diseases, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
Clin Infect Dis 43:55-61. 2006..In June 1996, an outbreak of chronic diarrhea was reported to the Texas Department of Health (Austin)...