Joanna L Jankowsky
Affiliation: California Institute of Technology
- Environmental enrichment exacerbates amyloid plaque formation in a transgenic mouse model of Alzheimer diseaseJoanna L Jankowsky
Department of Pathology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 62:1220-7. 2003....
- Environmental enrichment mitigates cognitive deficits in a mouse model of Alzheimer's diseaseJoanna L Jankowsky
Department of Pathology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Neurosci 25:5217-24. 2005..These results demonstrate that the generation of Abeta in vivo and its impact on the function of the nervous system can be strongly modulated by environmental factors...
- Persistent amyloidosis following suppression of Abeta production in a transgenic model of Alzheimer diseaseJoanna L Jankowsky
Department of Pathology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS Med 2:e355. 2005..However, no long-term studies using animal models of amyloid pathology have yet been performed to test this hypothesis...
- Mutant presenilins specifically elevate the levels of the 42 residue beta-amyloid peptide in vivo: evidence for augmentation of a 42-specific gamma secretaseJoanna L Jankowsky
Department of Pathology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Hum Mol Genet 13:159-70. 2004..These data suggest that PS1 variants do not simply alter the preferred cleavage site for gamma-secretase, but rather that they have more complex effects on the regulation of gamma-secretase and its access to substrates...
- APP processing and amyloid deposition in mice haplo-insufficient for presenilin 1Joanna L Jankowsky
Department of Pathology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 558 Ross Research Building, 720 Rutland Ave, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Neurobiol Aging 25:885-92. 2004..Instead, our data are consistent with a gain of property mechanism...
- Transgenic mouse models of neurodegenerative disease: opportunities for therapeutic developmentJoanna L Jankowsky
Department of Pathology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 720 Rutland Avenue, Ross Building Room 558, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Curr Neurol Neurosci Rep 2:457-64. 2002....
- Rodent A beta modulates the solubility and distribution of amyloid deposits in transgenic miceJoanna L Jankowsky
Division of Biology, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California 91125, USA
J Biol Chem 282:22707-20. 2007..These findings suggest that, although mouse A beta does not influence the rate of amyloid formation, the incorporation of A beta peptides with differing sequences alters the solubility and localization of the resulting aggregates...
- Alzheimer's-type amyloidosis in transgenic mice impairs survival of newborn neurons derived from adult hippocampal neurogenesisLaure Verret
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Universite Paul Sabatier, 31062 Toulouse, France
J Neurosci 27:6771-80. 2007..Diminished capacity for hippocampal neuron replacement may contribute to the cognitive decline observed in these mice...
- Interaction of ABeta & the alpha7 AChR in mouse AD modelJOANNA JANKOWSKY; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..