Affiliation: California Institute of Technology
- Deshaies R, Emberley E, Saha A. Control of cullin-ring ubiquitin ligase activity by nedd8. Subcell Biochem. 2010;54:41-56 pubmed publisher..Here, we review how the Nedd8 cycle controls CRL activity and how perturbations of this cycle can lead to disease. ..
- Nguyen T, Lee J, Sweredoski M, Yang S, Jeon S, Harrison J, et al. Glutamine Triggers Acetylation-Dependent Degradation of Glutamine Synthetase via the Thalidomide Receptor Cereblon. Mol Cell. 2016;61:809-20 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal a feedback loop involving CRL4(CRBN) that adjusts GS protein levels in response to glutamine and uncover a new function for lysine acetylation. ..
- Nguyen T, Li J, Lu C, Mamrosh J, Lu G, Cathers B, et al. p97/VCP promotes degradation of CRBN substrate glutamine synthetase and neosubstrates. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017;114:3565-3571 pubmed publisher..Together, these data point to an unexpectedly intimate relationship between the E3 ubiquitin ligase CRL4CRBN and p97 pathways. ..
- Blythe E, Olson K, Chau V, Deshaies R. Ubiquitin- and ATP-dependent unfoldase activity of P97/VCPâ€¢NPLOC4â€¢UFD1L is enhanced by a mutation that causes multisystem proteinopathy. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017;114:E4380-E4388 pubmed publisher..This work overcomes a significant barrier in the study of p97 and will allow the future dissection of p97 mechanism at a level of detail previously unattainable. ..
- Reitsma J, Liu X, Reichermeier K, Moradian A, Sweredoski M, Hess S, et al. Composition and Regulation of the Cellular Repertoire of SCF Ubiquitin Ligases. Cell. 2017;171:1326-1339.e14 pubmed publisher..We show that Nedd8 conjugation and the SR exchange factor Cand1 have a profound effect on shaping the SCFome. Together, these factors enable rapid remodeling of SCF complexes to promote biased assembly of SR modules bound to substrate. ..