- Noninvasive remote activation of the ventral midbrain by transcranial direct current stimulation of prefrontal cortexV S Chib
Division of Biology, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA 19128, USA
Transl Psychiatry 3:e268. 2013..Furthermore, these results suggest that this tDCS protocol could provide a promising approach to modulate midbrain functions that are disrupted in neuropsychiatric disorders...
- Neural mechanisms underlying paradoxical performance for monetary incentives are driven by loss aversionVikram S Chib
Division of Biology, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
Neuron 74:582-94. 2012..These results suggest that incentives associated with successful task performance are initially encoded as a potential gain; however, when actually performing a task, individuals encode the potential loss that would arise from failure...
- The separate neural control of hand movements and contact forcesVikram S Chib
Sensory Motor Performance Program, Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Neurosci 29:3939-47. 2009..Together, these findings are consistent with the view that manipulation of objects is performed by independent brain control of hand motions and interaction forces...
- Evidence for a common representation of decision values for dissimilar goods in human ventromedial prefrontal cortexVikram S Chib
Division of Humanities and Social Sciences, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California 91125, USA
J Neurosci 29:12315-20. 2009..Our results provide evidence that the brain encodes a "common currency" that allows for a shared valuation for different categories of goods...
- Haptic identification of surfaces as fields of forceVikram S Chib
Sensory Motor Performance Program, Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago, IL, USA
J Neurophysiol 95:1068-77. 2006..This suggests that the nervous system may select from the two responses through a mechanism that attempts to establish a constant interaction force...