HUYEN L CAO
Affiliation: California Environmental Protection Agency
- Delivery of exogenous protein antigens to major histocompatibility complex class I pathway in cytosolHuyen Cao
Viral and Rickettsial Disease Laboratory, California Department of Health Services, Richmond, CA 94804, USA
J Infect Dis 185:244-51. 2002..Application of this discovery to current T cell assays allows for the measurement of cytotoxic T lymphocyte function without resorting to live vectors and provides a useful new tool to design and test T cell-dependent vaccines...
- TGF-beta and IL-10 production by HIV-specific CD8+ T cells is regulated by CTLA-4 signaling on CD4+ T cellsMohamed Elrefaei
California Department of Public Health, Richmond, California, USA
PLoS ONE 4:e8194. 2009..Our study suggests that CTLA-4 Signaling on CD4+ T cells regulates the inhibitory functions of the HIV-specific suppressor CD8+ T cells...
- Immunogenicity of a recombinant human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-canarypox vaccine in HIV-seronegative Ugandan volunteers: results of the HIV Network for Prevention Trials 007 Vaccine StudyH Cao
California Department of Health Services, Viral and Rickettsial Disease Laboratory, Richmond, CA 94804, USA
J Infect Dis 187:887-95. 2003..Although the immunogenicity of this clade B-based vaccine was low, ALVAC-HIV elicited CD8(+) T cell responses with detectable cross-activity against clade A and D antigens in a significant proportion of vaccine recipients...
- New approach to T cell study for Vaccine in UgandaHuyen Cao; Fiscal Year: 2005..We will introduce the use of LFn-HIV of multiple clades (A, B and D) and assess the level of cross-clade activity in this population using both ELIspot and flow based cytometry. ..
- Immunology International Conference "Correlates of Disease Progression in Africa"Huyen Cao; Fiscal Year: 2006..The possibility of[unreadable] creating a network to promote immunology training and research among investigators[unreadable] from this region will also be on the agenda. ..
- Cellular Immune Response to non-B Clade HIV InfectionHuyen Cao; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Effect of Schistosoma Co-infection on HIV Immune ResponsesHuyen Cao; Fiscal Year: 2007..mansoni infection dysregulates cellular immune responses by enhancing the activity of IL-10-producing T cells. S. mansoni co-infection will therefore be examined in the context of being an experimental immune modulator. ..
- HIV Immunology Symposium-Uganda AIDS ConferenceHuyen Cao; Fiscal Year: 2008..This forum is also intended to encourage young scientists from Africa and provide them with guidance and information to participate and contribute to the fight against AIDS. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- To study cellular immune response in non-B clade HIV infectionHuyen Cao; Fiscal Year: 2008..3) To evaluate whether endemic co-infections may modulate of HIV-1 immununopathogenesis in Uganda, using Schistosoma mansoni as a model infection. ..