Stephen C Benson
Affiliation: California State University
- Inhibition of cardiovascular cell proliferation by angiotensin receptor blockers: are all molecules the same?Stephen C Benson
Department of Biological Sciences, California State University, East Bay, Hayward, CA 94542, USA
J Hypertens 26:973-80. 2008..Few studies have directly compared the effects of different angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs) on mechanisms involved in the pathogenesis of cardiovascular disease...
- Identification of telmisartan as a unique angiotensin II receptor antagonist with selective PPARgamma-modulating activityStephen C Benson
Department of Biological Sciences, California State University, Hayward, USA
Hypertension 43:993-1002. 2004....
- Rosiglitazone inhibits proliferation, motility, and matrix metalloproteinase production in keratinocytesNarasimharao Bhagavathula
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
J Invest Dermatol 122:130-9. 2004....
- Alpha-Lipoic acid-based PPARgamma agonists for treating inflammatory skin diseasesMeenakshi S Venkatraman
Department Medicinal Chemistry, University of Mississippi, University, MS, USA
Arch Dermatol Res 296:97-104. 2004..These findings suggest that water-soluble lipoic acid-based thiazolidinediones may be efficacious as oral and topical agents for treating inflammatory skin conditions such as contact dermatitis, atopic dermatitis, and psoriasis...
- Inhibition of corneal neovascularization by a peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma ligandMelvin A Sarayba
Department of Ophthalmology, University of California, 118 Med Surge I, Irvine, CA 92697 4375, USA
Exp Eye Res 80:435-42. 2005..To determine the efficacy of the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma agonist, pioglitazone, in inhibiting corneal neovascularization...
- Design and synthesis of the first generation of dithiolane thiazolidinedione- and phenylacetic acid-based PPARgamma agonistsAmar G Chittiboyina
Laboratory for Applied Drug Design and Synthesis, Department of Medicinal Chemistry, School of Pharmacy, University of Mississippi, 38677, USA
J Med Chem 49:4072-84. 2006..These novel compounds may prove efficacious not only in the treatment of Type 2 diabetes, but also atherosclerosis, prevention of vascular restenosis, and inflammatory skin diseases...