Janet H Bates
Affiliation: California Environmental Protection Agency
- Total and leisure-time walking among U.S. adults should every step count?Janet H Bates
Division of Applied Public Health Training, Epidemiology Program Office, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Am J Prev Med 29:46-50. 2005..S. adults may be underestimated. This study describes walking estimates obtained from a measure of leisure-time activity and a specific measure of total walking in all contexts...
- Cervical cancer incidence, mortality, and survival among Asian subgroups in California, 1990-2004Janet H Bates
Public Health Institute, California Cancer Registry, Sacramento, California 95825, USA
Cancer 113:2955-63. 2008....
- Colorectal cancer stage at diagnosis by socioeconomic and urban/rural status in California, 1988-2000Arti Parikh-Patel
California Cancer Registry, Public Health Institute, Sacramento, 95835, USA
Cancer 107:1189-95. 2006..This study examined the impacts of SES and urban/rural status on colorectal cancer (CRC) stage at diagnosis in California...
- Going against the tide: increasing incidence of colorectal cancer among Koreans, Filipinos, and South Asians in California, 1988-2007Brenda Hofer Giddings
Public Health Institute, California Cancer Registry, Sacramento, CA 95825, USA
Cancer Causes Control 23:691-702. 2012....
- Effect of misclassified underlying cause of death on survival estimates of colon and rectal cancerDaixin Yin
California Cancer Registry, Public Health Institute, Sacramento, CA 95825, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 103:1130-3. 2011..Interchangeable use of the terms colon cancer and colorectal cancer is likely to be one of the reasons for UCOD misclassification. Educational measures could improve the accuracy of UCOD for colon and rectal cancer deaths...
- Use of the spatial scan statistic to identify geographic variations in late stage colorectal cancer in California (United States)Lori A Pollack
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 4770 Buford Hwy NE, Mailstop K55, Atlanta, GA 30341 3717, USA
Cancer Causes Control 17:449-57. 2006..To identify geographic variations in colorectal cancer by stage at diagnosis in California using a descriptive analysis coupled with a spatial analysis and to discuss methodological considerations concerning the spatial statistical method...
- Stage of breast cancer diagnosis among medically underserved women in California receiving mammography through a state screening programDavid H Harris
California Cancer Registry, Cancer Surveillance Section, Public Health Institute, 1700 Tribute Road, Suite 100, Sacramento 95815, USA
Cancer Causes Control 15:721-9. 2004..This study describes breast cancer stage at diagnosis among California women receiving mammograms through a state-administered screening program in comparison to other California women...