Susan E Buskin
- Transmission cluster of multiclass highly drug-resistant HIV-1 among 9 men who have sex with men in Seattle/King County, WA, 2005-2007Susan E Buskin
HIV AIDS Epidemiology Unit, HIV AIDS Program, Public Health Seattle and King County, 400 Yesler Way, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 49:205-11. 2008..Through surveillance activities and genetic analysis, the local Health Department and the University of Washington identified phylogenetically linked cases among ARV treatment-naive and -experienced individuals...
- Hepatitis B and C infection and liver disease trends among human immunodeficiency virus-infected individualsSusan E Buskin
Public Health Seattle and King County, WA 98104, United States
World J Gastroenterol 17:1807-16. 2011..To examine trends in and correlates of liver disease and viral hepatitis in an human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-infected cohort...
- Trends in nephropathy among HIV-infected patientsSusan E Buskin
HIV AIDS Program, Prevention Division, Public Health Seattle and King County, Seattle, Washington, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 101:1205-13. 2009..Nephropathy complicates the course and adversely impacts on the prognosis of HIV-infected patients. We examined trends and correlates of all-cause nephropathy (ACN)...
- Population-based metrics for the timing of HIV diagnosis, engagement in HIV care, and virologic suppressionJulia C Dombrowski
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, USA
AIDS 26:77-86. 2012..To compare population-based metrics for assessing progress toward the US National HIV/AIDS Strategy (NHAS) goals...
- Causes of death in the era of highly active antiretroviral therapy: a retrospective analysis of a hybrid hematology-oncology and HIV practice and the Seattle/King county adult/adolescent spectrum of HIV-related diseases projectMatthew C Uhlenkott
University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington, USA
Am J Med Sci 336:217-23. 2008..HIV-infected patients continue to die in the era of highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART)...
- Access to regular HIV care and disease progression among black African immigrantsLibby C Page
Public Health Seattle and King County, University of Washington, 401 Fifth Ave, Ste 900, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 101:1230-6. 2009..To describe the characteristics of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-infected black African immigrants living in King County, Washington, we evaluated delay in HIV diagnosis, access to HIV care, and risk of progression to AIDS or death...
- Profile of patients with Kaposi's sarcoma in the era of highly active antiretroviral therapyJames H Gallafent
University of Washington, School of Medicine, Department of Epidemiology, Seattle, WA, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:1253-60. 2005..We sought to compare clinical parameters of patients diagnosed with KS in the pre-HAART (1990 to 1996) and HAART (1997 to 2002) eras...
- Anemia and its treatment and outcomes in persons infected with human immunodeficiency virusSusan E Buskin
Public Health Seattle and King County and the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98104, USA
Transfusion 44:826-32. 2004..This study examined the prevalence of anemia since HAART's availability and the associations between anemia treatments and survival...
- Evaluation of the impact of news coverage of an HIV multiclass drug-resistant cluster in Seattle, WashingtonErin M Kahle
Public Health Seattle and King County, Seattle, WA, USA
Am J Public Health 99:S131-6. 2009..We evaluated the effect of the press release among MSM in the Seattle area...
- Electronic human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) clinical reminder system improves adherence to practice guidelines among the University of Washington HIV Study CohortMari M Kitahata
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Harborview Medical Center, Box 359931, 325 9th Ave, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Clin Infect Dis 36:803-11. 2003..86; 95% CI, 1.05-3.27; P=.03) and syphilis infection (OR, 3.71; 95% CI, 2.37-5.81; P<.0001). HIV clinical reminders delivered at the time that HIV care is provided were associated with more timely initiation of recommended practices...
- Ongoing risk behavior among persons with HIV in medical careMatthew R Golden
Public Health Seattle and King County, Seattle, USA
AIDS Behav 11:726-35. 2007..These findings demonstrate the persistence of high-risk behavior among persons with HIV, a rapid increase in the use of the Internet among MSM to find sex partners, and provide direct evidence for serosorting among MSM...
- HIV intertest interval among MSM in King County, WashingtonDavid A Katz
Department of Epidemiology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Sex Transm Infect 89:32-7. 2013..The authors examined temporal trends and correlates of HIV testing frequency among men who have sex with men (MSM) in King County, Washington...
- HIV risks and testing behavior among Asians and Pacific Islanders: results of the HIV Testing Survey, 2002-2003Erin M Kahle
Public Health Seattle and King County, WA, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 97:13S-18S. 2005..The first Seattle HITS was conducted in 2000 (HITS-2000); HITS was conducted in Seattle again in 2002-2003 among Asians and Pacific Islanders (HITS-API)...
- Clinical burden of herpes simplex virus disease in people with human immunodeficiency virusTamarind M Keating
School of Nursing, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Sex Transm Dis 39:372-6. 2012..As an ulcerative genital disease, HSV may be important to HIV transmission and HIV-comorbidity. Routine clinical care of HSV in this population has not been described...
- Clinical and immunologic profile of AIDS-related lymphoma in the era of highly active antiretroviral therapyLindsay R Barclay
School of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Clin Lymphoma Myeloma 7:272-9. 2007..This changing profile of patients with ARL parallels larger changes seen among the general AIDS population in the HAART era...
- HIV-infected injection drug users: health care utilization and morbidityElizabeth Tesh Barash
Department of Public Health for Seattle and King County, 400 Yesler Way, 3rd Floor, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 18:675-86. 2007..About one-third of HIV-infected people in the U.S. have a history of injection drug use (IDU). To examine disparities in health care, we compared health care utilization and morbidity of IDUs and non-IDUs...
- HIV testing behaviors and attitudes after adoption of name-to-code HIV case surveillance in Washington StateSharon G Hopkins
Environmental Hazards Section, Public Health Seattle and King County, Seattle, Washington 98104, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 11:25-8. 2005..HIV prevention programs should focus on the most common reasons for delaying or avoiding HIV testing: believing that one has not been exposed to HIV, and the fear of learning that one is HIV positive...
- HIV/AIDS knowledge and attitudes in Chinese medical professionals and students before and after an informational lecture on HIV/AIDSSusan E Buskin
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health and Community Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 8:38-43. 2002..To increase the likelihood of prevention activities' success, HIV knowledge and attitudes of health care personnel in China must be monitored and improved...
- A two-stage sampling method for clinical surveillance of individuals in care for HIV infection in the United StatesPatrick S Sullivan
Division of HIV AIDS Prevention Surveillance and Epidemiology, National Center for HIV, STD, and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Public Health Rep 120:230-9. 2005....
- Trends in perimortal conditions and mortality rates among HIV-infected patientsDina Hooshyar
Epidemic Intelligence Service, Office of Workforce and Career Development, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
AIDS 21:2093-100. 2007....