Affiliation: Bureau of Laboratory Services
- Validity of self-reported varicella disease history in pregnant women attending prenatal clinicsBarbara Watson
Philadelphia Department of Public Health, 500 South Broad St, Philadelphia, PA 19146, USA
Public Health Rep 122:499-506. 2007..S. (Antelope Valley, California, and Philadelphia) with high varicella vaccination coverage...
- Postexposure effectiveness of varicella vaccineB Watson
Department of Public Health Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19146, USA
Pediatrics 105:84-8. 2000..1) To describe the postexposure effectiveness of varicella vaccine in a homeless shelter; and 2) to demonstrate an effective public health intervention and its implications...
- Persistence of immunologic memory for 13 years in recipients of a recombinant hepatitis B vaccineB Watson
Albert Einstein Medical Center and The Philadelphia Department of Health, Division of Disease Control, Immunization Program, 500 S Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19146, USA
Vaccine 19:3164-8. 2001..Significantly even the 5 individuals with less than 10 mIU/ml of anti-HBs prior to the booster all had impressive responses to the booster dose...
- Varicella-zoster vaccine in the USA: success for control of disease severity, but what next?Barbara Watson
Jefferson Medical College, Medical Specialist, Immunization Program, Division of Disease Control, The Philadelphia Department of Public Health, 500S Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19146, USA
Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther 3:105-15. 2005..Licensure of a measles-mumps-rubella-varicella vaccine may hasten the recommendation...
- Humoral and cell-mediated immune responses in children and adults after 1 and 2 doses of varicella vaccineBarbara Watson
Immunization Program Division of Disease Control, Philadelphia Department of Public Health, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19146, USA
J Infect Dis 197:S143-6. 2008....
- Incidence, complications, and risk factors for prolonged stay in children hospitalized with community-acquired influenzaSusan E Coffin
Division of General Pediatrics, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia and University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 34th Street and Civic Center Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Pediatrics 119:740-8. 2007....
- Validity of reported varicella history as a marker for varicella zoster virus immunity among unvaccinated children, adolescents, and young adults in the post-vaccine licensure eraDana Perella
Varicella Active Surveillance Project, Division of Disease Control, Philadelphia Department of Public Health, Philadelphia, PA 19146, USA
Pediatrics 123:e820-8. 2009....
- Transmission of varicella zoster virus from individuals with herpes zoster or varicella in school and day care settingsKendra Viner
Division of Disease Control, Philadelphia Department of Public Health, Pennsylvania 19146, USA
J Infect Dis 205:1336-41. 2012..We investigated how HZ and varicella cases contribute to the varicella incidence in schools and day care centers...
- Comparing active and passive varicella surveillance in Philadelphia, 2005-2010: recommendations for the transition to nationwide passive varicella disease surveillanceKendra Viner
Philadelphia Department of Public Health, Philadelphia, PA
Public Health Rep 129:47-54. 2014..We used active varicella surveillance program data to inform the transition to nationwide passive varicella surveillance...
- Identifying infants at increased risk for late initiation of immunizations: maternal and provider characteristicsKristen A Feemster
The Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Public Health Rep 124:42-53. 2009..We identified maternal, provider, and community predictors among infants for late initiation of immunizations...
- A cluster of primary varicella cases among healthcare workers with false-positive varicella zoster virus titersAmy Behrman
Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Division of Occupational Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 24:202-6. 2003..Five cases of primary varicella zoster virus (VZV) we re diagnosed among hospital healthcare workers (HCWs). All had complied with a pre-employment VZV screening program and had been considered immune...
- Implementation of rotavirus immunization in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: high levels of vaccine ineligibility and off-label useIrini Daskalaki
Department of Pediatrics, St Christopher s Hospital For Children, Philadelphia, PA 19134, USA
Pediatrics 122:e33-8. 2008....
- Neurologic complications in children hospitalized with influenza: characteristics, incidence, and risk factorsJason G Newland
Division of Infectious Diseases, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia and University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Pediatr 150:306-10. 2007..To determine the characteristics, incidence, and risk factors for influenza-related neurologic complications (INC)...
- Varicella: a vaccine preventable disease?Barbara Watson
Department of Pediatrics, Albert Einstein Hospital, Division of Disease Control, Philadelphia Department of Public Health, PA, USA
J Infect 44:220-5. 2002..To present a review of varicella disease, vaccine development and implementation of universal vaccination, discuss common questions about the vaccine and the epidemiology of the disease since licensure of the varicella vaccine...
- How the immune response to vaccines is created, maintained and measured: addressing patient questions about vaccinationBarbara Watson
Thomas Jefferson Medical School, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Prim Care 38:581-93, vii. 2011....
- Effect of accessibility of influenza vaccination on the rate of childcare staff vaccinationIngi Lee
Division of Infectious Diseases, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 29:465-7. 2008..Staff vaccination prevalence was higher in each intervention season compared to the prior, nonintervention season. No baseline characteristics were associated with receipt of vaccination...
- Varicella vaccine: progress 4 years after licensureB Watson
Philadelphia Department of Public Health, Division of Disease Control Immunization Program, Pennsylvania 19146, USA
Pediatr Ann 28:516-29. 1999..How can we continue to accept even mild disease from varicella, let alone severe complications, when the disease is now preventable by an effective, safe vaccine? Not immunizing patients puts them at medical risk and us at legal risk...
- Safety, immunogenicity and efficacy in healthy infants of G1 and G2 human reassortant rotavirus vaccine in a new stabilizer/buffer liquid formulationH Fred Clark
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 22:914-20. 2003..A refrigerator-stable rotavirus (RV) vaccine that withstands gastric acid is anticipated to permit more widespread use of RV vaccine...
- Hepatitis B immunization of Asian Pacific Islanders in the United StatesB Watson
Vaccine Evaluation Center, Albert Einstein Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA 19141, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 17:S38-42. 1998..A recent hepatitis B vaccination program conducted in Philadelphia, PA, focused on effective ways to educate and vaccinate the high risk Asian Pacific Islander population...
- Ten year follow-up of healthy children who received one or two injections of varicella vaccineBarbara Kuter
Merck Research Laboratories, PO Box 4, West Point, PA 19486, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 23:132-7. 2004..a two dose regimen of varicella virus vaccine live Oka/Merck (VARIVAX; Merck & Co., Inc., West Point, PA) in approximately 2000 children were compared during a 9- to 10-year follow-up period...
- Chickenpox outbreak in a highly vaccinated school populationKarl Heath
Pediatrics 114:1130-1; author reply 1131. 2004