Ray A Matulka
Affiliation: Burdock Group
- Developmental and Reproductive Effects of SE5-OH: An Equol-Rich Soy-Based IngredientRay A Matulka
Burdock Group, Orlando, FL 32801, USA
J Toxicol 2009:307618. 2009..5 mg equol/kg/day). In the developmental toxicity phase of the study, no effects by SE5-OH were found in the embryo-fetus at any of the doses tested. The NOAEL for developmental effects of SE5-OH is 2000 mg/kg/day (13 mg equol/kg/day)...
- Safety evaluation of a natural tomato oleoresin extract derived from food-processing tomatoesR A Matulka
The Burdock Group, 780 U S Highway 1, Vero Beach, FL 32962, USA
Regul Toxicol Pharmacol 39:390-402. 2004..Consumption analysis of lycopene-containing foods estimated mean daily intake of lycopene at 8.2mg/day...
- Safety evaluation of a medium- and long-chain triacylglycerol oil produced from medium-chain triacylglycerols and edible vegetable oilR A Matulka
Burdock Group, 2001 9th Avenue, Vero Beach, FL 32960, USA
Food Chem Toxicol 44:1530-8. 2006..These data are corroborated by other studies published in the peer-reviewed literature on analogous MLCTs...
- The safety of PolyGlycopleX (PGX) as shown in a 90-day rodent feeding studyRay A Matulka
Burdock Group, Orlando, FL 32801 USA
Nutr J 8:1. 2009..This study was designed to evaluate the safety of PolyGlycopleX (PGX), a novel viscous dietary polysaccharide (fiber), when administered to Sprague Dawley(R) rats in the diet for 90 days...
- Lack of toxicity by medium chain triglycerides (MCT) in canines during a 90-day feeding studyRay A Matulka
Burdock Group, 801 North Orange Avenue, Suite 710, Orlando, FL 32801, USA
Food Chem Toxicol 47:35-9. 2009..No safety concerns were noted at any dose level, although an issue with palatability precluded identifying 15% as the highest dose level tested...
- Safety studies conducted on a proprietary high-purity aloe vera inner leaf fillet preparation, QmatrixLonnie D Williams
Burdock Group, 801 N Orange Ave, Suite 710, Orlando, FL 32801, USA
Regul Toxicol Pharmacol 57:90-8. 2010..Based on these results, Qmatrix is not genotoxic in vitro or in vivo and; has an oral NOAEL greater than 2000 mg/kg bw/day following 90 days of oral exposure...
- Safety evaluation of Whole Algalin Protein (WAP) from Chlorella protothecoidesNancy J Szabo
Burdock Group, 859 Outer Road, Orlando, FL 32814, United States
Food Chem Toxicol 59:34-45. 2013..No clastogenic response occurred in bone marrow from mice administered a single oral dose (2000 mg/kg WAP). Skin sensitization was not induced by WAP via HRIPT, indicating little potential for food allergy...
- Genotoxicity studies on Sel-Plex, a standardized, registered high-selenium yeastJames C Griffiths
Burdock Group, Vero Beach, Florida 32960, USA
Int J Toxicol 25:477-85. 2006..Sel-Plex did not statistically increase the frequency or proportion of micronucleated immature erythrocytes in the mouse micronucleus test. Thus, from the studies presented here, the authors conclude that Sel-Plex is nongenotoxic...
- Safety evaluation of a high lipid Whole Algalin Flour (WAF) from Chlorella protothecoidesNancy J Szabo
Burdock Group, 801 North Orange Ave, Suite 710, Orlando, FL 32801, USA
Regul Toxicol Pharmacol 63:155-65. 2012..Further, WAF did not elicit skin sensitization in a repeat-insult dermal patch test which indicates little potential for food allergy...
- Naturally occurring food toxinsLaurie C Dolan
Burdock Group, 801 N Orange Ave, Suite 710, Orlando FL 32801, USA
Toxins (Basel) 2:2289-332. 2010....
- Safety evaluation of fibermaltLaurie C Dolan
Burdock Group, Orlando, FL 32801, United States
Food Chem Toxicol 50:2515-23. 2012..Based on these results, fibermalt is not mutagenic as evaluated in a bacterial reverse mutation test and has an oral subchronic (13-week) no observable adverse effect level (NOAEL) of 150,000 ppm in rats...
- Acute and subchronic toxicity studies on Sel-Plex, a standardized, registered high-selenium yeastJames C Griffiths
Burdock Group, Vero Beach, Florida 32960, USA
Int J Toxicol 25:465-76. 2006..For the two 90-day studies, for rats the NOAEL for Sel-Plex was 114 mg/kg/day (0.23 mg Se/kg/day), and for dogs, the NOAEL was 30 mg Sel-Plex/kg/day (0.06 mg Se/kg/day): the latter being the NOAEL in the most sensitive species...
- Safety evaluation of oleic-rich triglyceride oil produced by a heterotrophic microalgal fermentation processNancy J Szabo
Burdock Group, 859 Outer Road, Orlando, FL 32814, United States Electronic address
Food Chem Toxicol 65:301-11. 2014..Taking all studies into consideration, the NOAEL for the oleic-rich oil was 100,000ppm, the highest concentration tested and equivalent to dietary NOAELs of 5200mg/kg bw/day and 6419mg/kg bw/day in male and female rats, respectively. ..
- Oral developmental toxicity study of methylsulfonylmethane in ratsB A Magnuson
Burdock Group, 888 17th Street NW, Washington, DC, USA
Food Chem Toxicol 45:977-84. 2007..Therefore, under the conditions of this study, the no-observed-adverse-effect level (NOAEL) for maternal and developmental toxicity was 1000 mg/kg/day...