Lauren M Weinstock
Affiliation: Brown University
- Behavioral activation for the treatment of atypical depression: a pilot open trialLauren M Weinstock
Brown University and Butler Hospital, Providence, RI 02906, USA
Behav Modif 35:403-24. 2011..Study results are discussed in the context of existing treatments for AD, and areas for future treatment development are highlighted...
- Medication burden in bipolar disorder: A chart review of patients at psychiatric hospital admissionLauren M Weinstock
Alpert Medical School of Brown University and Butler Hospital, RI 02906, USA Electronic address
Psychiatry Res 216:24-30. 2014..Data also highlight the particularly high medication burden experienced by women with BD; a burden not fully accounted for by depression. ..
- Concordance between patient and family reports of family functioning in bipolar I disorder and major depressive disorderLauren M Weinstock
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Alpert Medical School of Brown University, and Psychosocial Research Program, Butler Hospital, Providence, RI 02906, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 201:377-83. 2013..Results highlight the importance of collateral reports in the assessment of family functioning, especially among families of patients with BD, in research and treatment...
- Psychosocial predictors of mood symptoms 1 year after acute phase treatment of bipolar I disorderLauren M Weinstock
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University and Butler Hospital, Providence, RI 02906, USA
Compr Psychiatry 51:497-503. 2010..This study builds upon the extant literature by evaluating these putative psychosocial risk factors simultaneously to determine whether they account for unique variance in clinical outcomes...
- DSM-IV depressive symptom expression among individuals with a history of hypomania: a comparison to those with or without a history of maniaLauren M Weinstock
Psychosocial Research Program, Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University and Butler Hospital, 345 Blackstone Boulevard, Providence, RI 02906, United States
J Psychiatr Res 44:979-85. 2010..An exception to this conclusion may be in the area of suicidal ideation, which requires additional attention...
- Differential item functioning of DSM-IV depressive symptoms in individuals with a history of mania versus those without: an item response theory analysisLauren M Weinstock
Psychosocial Research Program, Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Butler Hospital, 345 Blackstone Boulevard, Providence, RI 02906, USA
Bipolar Disord 11:289-97. 2009..e., bipolar depression) versus those without (i.e., unipolar depression)...
- Functional impairment as a predictor of short-term symptom course in bipolar I disorderLauren M Weinstock
Brown Medical School, Butler Hospital, Providence, RI 02906, USA
Bipolar Disord 10:437-42. 2008..Thus, the primary aim of this study was to evaluate functional impairment as a predictor of mood symptoms in BD...
- Family functioning and mood disorders: a comparison between patients with major depressive disorder and bipolar I disorderLauren M Weinstock
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Brown University, Providence, RI, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 74:1192-202. 2006..Although certain specific differences emerged, diagnostic groups appeared to be more similar than different in level and pattern of family functioning...
- Neuroticism as a common feature of the depressive and anxiety disorders: a test of the revised integrative hierarchical model in a national sampleLauren M Weinstock
Department of Psychology, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO 80309 0345, USA
J Abnorm Psychol 115:68-74. 2006..Results are discussed in terms of their implications for understanding the association between personality and the depressive and anxiety disorders in a community sample and for the revised integrative hierarchical perspective...
- Improving treatment adherence in patients with bipolar disorder and substance abuse: rationale and initial development of a novel psychosocial approachBrandon A Gaudiano
Brown Medical School and Butler Hospital, Providence, RI 02906, USA
J Psychiatr Pract 17:5-20. 2011..Given these promising results, we plan to test the intervention further in a randomized clinical trial...
- Likelihood of suicidality at varying levels of depression severity: a re-analysis of NESARC dataLisa A Uebelacker
Brown University and Butler Hospital, Providence, RI 02906, USA
Suicide Life Threat Behav 40:620-7. 2010..All suicide symptoms were generally less likely to be endorsed than other depression symptoms. There was a low probability of suicidality at depression levels that likely would not merit a diagnosis of major depression...
- Improving treatment adherence in bipolar disorder: a review of current psychosocial treatment efficacy and recommendations for future treatment developmentBrandon A Gaudiano
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Brown Medical School Psychosocial Research Program, Butler Hospital, Providence, Rhode Island 02906, USA
Behav Modif 32:267-301. 2008..Finally, special treatment considerations, including the potential impact of comorbid substance abuse and bipolar depression, are discussed...
- Psychopathology and marital satisfaction: the importance of evaluating both partnersMark A Whisman
Department of Psychology, University of Colorado at Boulder, Boulder, CO 80309, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 72:830-8. 2004....
- Irritability and elation in a large bipolar youth sample: relative symptom severity and clinical outcomes over 4 yearsJeffrey I Hunt
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Emma Pendleton Bradley Hospital, Providence, RI, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 74:e110-7. 2013....
- Adolescent and caregiver perception of family functioning: relation to suicide ideation and attemptsJessica M Lipschitz
Department of Psychology, University of Rhode Island, 2 Chafee Road, Kingston, RI 02881, USA
Psychiatry Res 200:400-3. 2012..Findings suggest that adolescents' perceptions of family functioning may be a key contributing factor to suicidal ideation in adolescents with psychiatric disorders...
- Self-verification model of major depression in marriageLAUREN WEINSTOCK; Fiscal Year: 2004..Findings will help clarify the nature of the cross-sectional and longitudinal association between self-verification and major depression. ..
- A Psychosocial Treatment for Atypical DepressionLAUREN WEINSTOCK; Fiscal Year: 2007..We propose to recruit 40 individuals with DSM-IV MDD with atypical features for the proposed treatment development study. ..