Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Brown University
- Stimulation of chondrocyte hypertrophy by chemokine stromal cell-derived factor 1 in the chondro-osseous junction during endochondral bone formationLei Wei
Department of Orthopaedics, The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University Rhode Island Hospital, Suite 402A, 1 Hoppin Street, Providence RI 02903, USA
Dev Biol 341:236-45. 2010..This suggests a positive feedback loop of stimulation of chondrocyte hypertrophy by SDF-1/CXCR4, which is mediated by Runx2...
- Subcellular relocation of histone deacetylase 4 regulates growth plate chondrocyte differentiation through Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent kinase IVYingjie Guan
Department of Orthopaedics, Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island 02903, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 303:C33-40. 2012..Thus, CaMKIV plays an important regulatory role during chondrocyte differentiation...
- MiR-365: a mechanosensitive microRNA stimulates chondrocyte differentiation through targeting histone deacetylase 4Ying jie Guan
Cell and Molecular Biology Laboratory, Department of Orthopaedics, Alpert Medical School of Brown University Rhode Island Hospital, 1 Hoppin St, Ste 402, Providence, RI 02903, USA
FASEB J 25:4457-66. 2011..Taken together, miR-365 is the first identified mechanically responsive microRNA that regulates chondrocyte differentiation via directly targeting HDAC4...
- CXCR4/SDF1 mediate hypoxia induced chondrosarcoma cell invasion through ERK signaling and increased MMP1 expressionXiaojuan Sun
Department of Orthopaedics, Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, RI, USA
Mol Cancer 9:17. 2010..The present study determined the effect of hypoxia and specifically HIF-1a on expression of CXCR4 and MMP1 and their role in chondrosarcoma cell invasion...
- Chondrocyte death induced by pathological concentration of chemokine stromal cell-derived factor-1Lei Wei
Department of Orthopaedics, Brown Medical School-Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, Rhode Island 02903, USA
J Rheumatol 33:1818-26. 2006..CONCLUSION: Our findings suggest a novel pathological mechanism by which high concentrations of SDF-1 in SF induce chondrocyte death during OA and RA...
- Histone deacetylase 4 promotes TGF-beta1-induced synovium-derived stem cell chondrogenesis but inhibits chondrogenically differentiated stem cell hypertrophyMing Pei
Tissue Engineering Laboratory, Department of Orthopaedics, West Virginia University, PO Box 9196, Morgantown, WV 26506, USA
Differentiation 78:260-8. 2009..The mechanism underlying this process needs further investigation...
- HDAC4 represses vascular endothelial growth factor expression in chondrosarcoma by modulating RUNX2 activityXiaojuan Sun
Department of Orthopaedics, Warren Alpert Medical School, Brown University and Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, Rhode Island 02903, USA
J Biol Chem 284:21881-90. 2009..Thus, both hypoxia and dysregulated expression of a developmental pathway are causes of increased VEGF expression in chondrosarcoma...
- Melatonin enhances cartilage matrix synthesis by porcine articular chondrocytesMing Pei
Tissue Engineering Laboratory, Department of Orthopaedics, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV 26506 9196, USA
J Pineal Res 46:181-7. 2009..Melatonin may prove to be a highly valuable addition to current therapeutic models for degenerative cartilage repair...
- Comparison of differential biomarkers of osteoarthritis with and without posttraumatic injury in the Hartley guinea pig modelLei Wei
Department of Orthopaedics, Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
J Orthop Res 28:900-6. 2010..This study indicates that the biomarkers and progression of OA may differ in the Hartley guinea pig models with and without posttraumatic OA...
- CD95-induced osteoarthritic chondrocyte apoptosis and necrosis: dependency on p38 mitogen-activated protein kinaseLei Wei
Department of Orthopaedics, Brown Medical School Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
Arthritis Res Ther 8:R37. 2006..Thus, p38 MAPK is a potential therapeutic target, inhibition of which may maintain the cellularity of articular chondrocytes by inhibiting cell death and its amplification signal and by increasing cell proliferation...
- Attenuation of osteoarthritis via blockade of the SDF-1/CXCR4 signaling pathwayFangyuan Wei
Department of Orthopaedics, The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University Rhode Island Hospital, 1 Hoppin Street, Providence, RI 02903, USA
Arthritis Res Ther 14:R177. 2012..Together, these findings raise the possibility that disruption of the SDF-1/CXCR4 signaling can be used as a therapeutic approach to attenuate cartilage degeneration...