Erwin J Tan
Affiliation: Brown University
- Differences in mortality of black and white patients enrolled in the program of all-inclusive care for the elderlyErwin J Tan
Division of Geriatrics, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 51:246-51. 2003..To examine the relationship between race and mortality in frail community-dwelling older people with access to a program providing comprehensive access and coordination of services...
- The long-term relationship between high-intensity volunteering and physical activity in older African American womenErwin J Tan
Johns Hopkins Center on Aging and Health, 2024 East Monument Street, Suite 2 700, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci 64:304-11. 2009..We sought to determine if there were sustained increases in physical activity with participation in EC...
- Marketing public health through older adult volunteering: Experience Corps as a social marketing interventionErwin J Tan
Johns Hopkins Center on Aging and Health, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Am J Public Health 100:727-34. 2010....
- Volunteering: a physical activity intervention for older adults--The Experience Corps program in BaltimoreErwin J Tan
Division of Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology, Johns Hopkins Center on Aging and Health, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
J Urban Health 83:954-69. 2006....
- Potential for intensive volunteering to promote the health of older adults in fair healthJeremy S Barron
Division of Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 5505 Hopkins Bayview Circle, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
J Urban Health 86:641-53. 2009..Productive activity such as volunteering may be an effective community-based approach to health promotion for older adults...
- Blunted diurnal decline of cortisol among older adults with low socioeconomic statusOwhofasa O Agbedia
Department of Mental Health and Center on Aging and Health, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1231:56-64. 2011..These findings confirm prior evidence of a biologic pathway through which socioeconomic disadvantage is linked to biologic vulnerability, and through which the impact of volunteer service in Experience Corps may be measured...
- Volunteering, driving status, and mortality in U.S. retireesSei J Lee
Division of Geriatrics, San Francisco Veterans Affairs Medical Center, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 59:274-80. 2011..To evaluate how accounting for driving status altered the relationship between volunteering and mortality in U.S. retirees...