Affiliation: Brown University
- Medicare's payment strategy for end-stage renal disease now embraces bundled payment and pay-for-performance to cut costsShailender Swaminathan
Department of Health Services, Policy, and Practice, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 31:2051-8. 2012..Future research on the intended and unintended consequences of payment reform will be critical...
- Persistence of HMO performance measuresShailender Swaminathan
Center for Gerontology and Health Care Research, Brown University, 121 South Main Street, Providence, RI 02912, USA
Health Serv Res 43:2033-49. 2008..To simplify the decision-making process, we propose and implement an approach to assess the stability of health plan performance over time when multiple indicators of performance exist...
- Effect of forced transitions on the most functionally impaired nursing home residentsKali S Thomas
Center for Gerontology and Healthcare Research, Providence, RI 02912, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 60:1895-900. 2012..To examine the hospitalization rate and mortality associated with forced mass transfer of nursing home (NH) residents with the highest levels of functional impairment...
- To evacuate or shelter in place: implications of universal hurricane evacuation policies on nursing home residentsDavid Dosa
Division of Primary Care, Providence VA Medical Center, Providence, RI, USA
J Am Med Dir Assoc 13:190.e1-7. 2012..To examine the differential morbidity/mortality associated with evacuation versus sheltering in place for nursing home (NH) residents exposed to the 4 most recent Gulf hurricanes...
- Insurance parity and the use of outpatient mental health care following a psychiatric hospitalizationAmal N Trivedi
Department of Community Health, Warren Alpert Medical School at Brown University, Box G S121, Providence, RI 02912, USA
JAMA 300:2879-85. 2008..In 2008, the US Congress enacted legislation requiring parity in insurance coverage for mental health services in group health plans and Medicare Part B...