Renee R Shield
Affiliation: Brown University
- Physicians "missing in action": family perspectives on physician and staffing problems in end-of-life care in the nursing homeRenee R Shield
Center for Gerontology and Health Care Research, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island 02912, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 53:1651-7. 2005..To understand the roles of physicians and staff in nursing homes in relation to end-of-life care through narrative interviews with family members close to a decedent...
- Physicians' perspectives on end-of-life care: a qualitative inquiryRenee Shield
Center for Gerontology and Health Care Research, The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Providence, RI 02912, USA
Med Health R I 90:391-2. 2007
- Preparing for the silver tsunami: the integration of geriatrics into the new medical curriculum at the Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown UniversityRenee R Shield
Resource Center for Geriatrics Education, The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Providence, RI 02912, USA
Med Health R I 91:247-9. 2008
- Vigilant at the end of life: family advocacy in the nursing homeRenee R Shield
Center for Gerontology and Healthcare Research, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island 02912, USA
J Palliat Med 13:573-9. 2010..Increasing numbers of Americans die in nursing homes. Little is known about the roles and experiences of family members of persons who die in nursing homes...
- Gradual electronic health record implementation: new insights on physician and patient adaptationRenee R Shield
Department of Family Medicine, Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University and Memorial Hospital of Rhode Island, Pawtucket, Rhode Island, USA
Ann Fam Med 8:316-26. 2010..The purpose of this research was to examine the effects of EHR implementation, especially regarding physician-patient communication and behaviors and patients' responses...
- Teaching communication and compassionate care skills: an innovative curriculum for pre-clerkship medical studentsRenee R Shield
Brown University, Providence, RI 02912, USA
Med Teach 33:e408-16. 2011..Physicians require communications training to improve effective and compassionate care. Clinicians discuss challenging communication issues in existing hospital "Schwartz Rounds."..
- Integrating geriatrics into medical school: student journaling as an innovative strategy for evaluating curriculumRenee R Shield
Alpert Medical School, Brown University, Box G 121 6, Providence, RI 02912, USA
Gerontologist 52:98-110. 2012....
- Integrating and evaluating geriatrics in medical school: a novel approach for the challengeRichard W Besdine
Department of Geriatric Medicine, Warren Alpert Medical School, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island 02912, USA
Gerontol Geriatr Educ 32:295-308. 2011..Evaluation includes "tracking" to compute the "dose" of aging content, and "journaling" and focus groups to evaluate students' responses. Integrating geriatrics across a broad range of courses and clinical experiences is feasible...
- Medical students' recognition and application of geriatrics principles in a new curriculumAman Nanda
Warren Alpert Medical School, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 61:434-9. 2013..Medical student reflective journaling allows medical educators to obtain timely feedback on curricular innovations and helps illuminate the process by which medical students learn to recognize and apply core geriatrics principles...
- Computers in the examination room and the electronic health record: physicians' perceived impact on clinical encounters before and after full installation and implementationRichard J Doyle
Department of Family Medicine, Warren Alpert School of Medicine of Brown University, Providence, RI 02908, USA
Fam Pract 29:601-8. 2012....
- How valid are the responses to nursing home survey questions? Some issues and concernsDenise A Tyler
Department of Community Health, Center for Gerontology and Health Care Research, Brown University, Box G S121 6, Providence, RI 02912, USA
Gerontologist 51:201-11. 2011....