A G Rosmarin
Affiliation: Brown University
- Sp1 cooperates with the ets transcription factor, GABP, to activate the CD18 (beta2 leukocyte integrin) promoterA G Rosmarin
Division of Hematology, Brown University Department of Medicine and the Division of Hematology Oncology, The Miriam Hospital, Providence, Rhode Island 02906, USA
J Biol Chem 273:13097-103. 1998..These studies support a model of high level, lineage-restricted gene expression mediated by cooperative interactions between widely expressed transcription factors...
- GA-binding protein transcription factor: a review of GABP as an integrator of intracellular signaling and protein-protein interactionsAlan G Rosmarin
Department of Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, and Biochemistry, Brown University, Providence, RI 02912, USA
Blood Cells Mol Dis 32:143-54. 2004..Its role in regulating genes involved in fundamental cellular processes places GABP at the nexus of key cellular pathways and functions...
- Transcriptional regulation in myelopoiesis: Hematopoietic fate choice, myeloid differentiation, and leukemogenesisAlan G Rosmarin
Department of Medicine, Brown Medical School, Providence, RI, USA
Exp Hematol 33:131-43. 2005..1 and C/EBPalpha contribute directly to development of acute myelogenous leukemia. Thus, normal myeloid development and acute leukemia are now understood to represent opposite sides of the same hematopoietic coin...
- Characterization and localization to chromosome 7 of psihGABPalpha, a human processed pseudogene related to the ets transcription factor, hGABPalphaM Luo
Division of Hematology, Brown University Department of Medicine and the Division of Hematology Oncology, The Miriam Hospital, Providence, RI, USA
Gene 234:119-26. 1999..We have identified psihGABPalpha, a novel, GABPalpha-related processed pseudogene which is expressed as a RNA transcript in human myeloid cells...
- Sp1 control of gene expression in myeloid cellsKaren K Resendes
Department of Molecular Biology, Cell Biology and Biochemistry, Brown University, Providence, RI 02912, USA
Crit Rev Eukaryot Gene Expr 14:171-81. 2004..Thus, Sp1 serves as a model of how a widely expressed transcription factor regulates the expression of tissue-specific genes...
- GA-binding protein (GABP) and Sp1 are required, along with retinoid receptors, to mediate retinoic acid responsiveness of CD18 (beta 2 leukocyte integrin): a novel mechanism of transcriptional regulation in myeloid cellsThomas S Bush
Department of Molecular Biology, Cell Biology and Biochemistry, Brown University, Providence, RI, USA
Blood 101:311-7. 2003..We hypothesize that a multiprotein complex--an enhanceosome--that includes GABP, other transcription factors, and coactivators, dynamically regulates CD18 expression in myeloid cells...
- GA-binding protein and p300 are essential components of a retinoic acid-induced enhanceosome in myeloid cellsKaren K Resendes
Dept of Molecular Biology, Brown University, Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, RI 02903, USA
Mol Cell Biol 26:3060-70. 2006..This is the first description of an RA-induced enhanceosome and demonstrates that GABP and p300 are essential components of CD18 RA responsiveness in myeloid cells...
- Sp1 and the ets-related transcription factor complex GABP alpha/beta functionally cooperate to activate the utrophin promoterMads Gyrd-Hansen
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Glostrup Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Glostrup, Denmark
J Neurol Sci 197:27-35. 2002..Taken together, these findings help define mechanisms used for transcriptional regulation of utrophin expression as well as identify new targets for achieving potentially therapeutic upregulation of utrophin in DMD...