R M Poses
Affiliation: Brown University
- Results of report cards for patients with congestive heart failure depend on the method used to adjust for severityR M Poses
Brown University Center for Primary Care and Prevention and Memorial Hospital of Rhode Island, Pawtucket 02860, USA
Ann Intern Med 133:10-20. 2000..The validity of outcome report cards may depend on the ways in which they are adjusted for risk...
- Physicians' judgments of survival after medical management and mortality risk reduction due to revascularization procedures for patients with coronary artery diseaseRoy M Poses
Brown University Center for Primary Care and Prevention, Division of General Internal Medicine, Memorial Hospital of Rhode Island, Pawtucket 02860, USA
Chest 122:122-33. 2002....
- One size does not fit all: questions to answer before intervening to change physician behaviorR M Poses
Brown University Center for Primary Care and Prevention, Memorial Hospital of Rhode Island, Pawtucket
Jt Comm J Qual Improv 25:486-95. 1999..Understanding why the behavior should be changed and what caused it may make the process of designing interventions more complicated. The resulting interventions, however, are more likely to be simple and successful...
- Clinical factors that influence patients' desire for participation in decisions about illnessD Mansell
Department of Medicine, Division of General Internal Medicine, University of Alabama School of Medicine, 611 MEB, 1813 Sixth Ave S, Birmingham, AL 35294 3296, USA
Arch Intern Med 160:2991-6. 2000..Most studies of patient decision making have not addressed decisions about serious illness...
- Prognostic judgments and triage decisions for patients with acute congestive heart failureWally R Smith
Division of Quality Health Care, Department of Medicine, Virginia Commonwealth University, Medical College of Virginia Campus, Richmond, VA 23298 0306, USA
Chest 121:1610-7. 2002..To determine how well triage physicians judge the probability of death or severe complications that require treatment only available in an ICU to maintain life for patients with acute congestive heart failure (CHF)...