R H Paul
Affiliation: Brown University
- What have we learned about cognition in myasthenia gravis?: a review of methods and resultsR H Paul
Miriam Hospital, Brown Medical School, Fain 328, Division of Behavioral and Preventive Medicine, 164 Summit Ave, Providence, RI 20906, USA
Neurosci Biobehav Rev 25:75-81. 2001..These findings need to be replicated with adequate control of potential confounds before any conclusions can be made regarding cognition in this disease. Suggestions for design of future studies are provided...
- Neuropsychological and magnetic resonance imaging abnormalities associated with a plasmacytoma of the frontal dura: a case reportR H Paul
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Brown University School of Medicine, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
Neuropsychiatry Neuropsychol Behav Neurol 13:143-7. 2000....
- Cognitive dysfunction in individuals with myasthenia gravisR H Paul
Brown University School of Medicine, Miriam Hospital, 164 Summit Ave, 02906, Providence, RI, USA
J Neurol Sci 179:59-64. 2000..Possible alternative mechanisms underlying cognitive dysfunction in MG are discussed...
- Severity of mood, self-evaluative, and vegetative symptoms of depression in myasthenia gravisR H Paul
J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci 12:499-501. 2000..These findings suggest that mood in neuroimmune disorders should be assessed with scales that separate the different dimensions of depression...
- Quality of life and well-being of patients with myasthenia gravisR H Paul
Department of Psychiatry, Division of Neuropsychology, Miriam Hospital, Brown University School of Medicine, 164 Summit Ave, Room 328, Providence, Rhode Island 02906, USA
Muscle Nerve 24:512-6. 2001..The results suggest that although MG requires accommodations in physical activities, general QOL and well-being does not differ markedly from the general population...
- Single photon emission computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging hyperintensity, and cognitive impairments in patients with vascular dementiaR A Cohen
Departments of Psychiatry and Neurology, Brown University School of Medicine, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
J Neuroimaging 11:253-60. 2001....
- Fatigue and its impact on patients with myasthenia gravisR H Paul
Department of Psychiatry, Division of Neuropsychology, Miriam Hospital, Brown University School of Medicine, Providence, Rhode Island 02906, USA
Muscle Nerve 23:1402-6. 2000..Additional studies are needed to understand the neurobehavioral determinants of cognitive fatigue in this population...
- Performance on the Mattis Dementia Rating Scale in patients with vascular dementia: relationships to neuroimaging findingsR H Paul
Brown University School of Medicine, Miriam Hospital, Providence, Rhode Island 20906, USA
J Geriatr Psychiatry Neurol 14:33-6. 2001..These results suggest that subcortical damage and brain volume account for different aspects of cognitive decline in VD and that overall cognitive impairment may reflect cortical and subcortical involvement...
- Obesity is associated with memory deficits in young and middle-aged adultsJ Gunstad
Brown Medical School, Department of Psychiatry, Center for Behavioral Medicine, Providence, RI, USA
Eat Weight Disord 11:e15-9. 2006..These findings provide further support for an independent relationship between obesity and reduced memory performance and suggest these effects are not limited to older adults. Further research is needed to identify etiological factors...