Albert C Lo
Affiliation: Brown University
- Improving gait in multiple sclerosis using robot-assisted, body weight supported treadmill trainingAlbert C Lo
Department of Clinical Neurosciences at Brown University, Providence VA Medical Center, Providence, Rhode Island 02909 4799, USA
Neurorehabil Neural Repair 22:661-71. 2008..A promising outpatient intervention to help improve gait function with potential for addressing this treatment gap is task-repetitive gait training...
- Reduction of freezing of gait in Parkinson's disease by repetitive robot-assisted treadmill training: a pilot studyAlbert C Lo
VA RR and D Center of Excellence Center for Restorative and Regenerative Medicine, Providence VA Medical Center, 830 Chalkstone Ave, Providence, RI 02908, USA
J Neuroeng Rehabil 7:51. 2010..The purpose of this study was to examine the potential effect of continuous physical cueing using robot-assisted sensorimotor gait training on reducing FOG episodes and improving gait...
- Effect of robot-assisted versus conventional body-weight-supported treadmill training on quality of life for people with multiple sclerosisLauren M Wier
Department of Community Health, Brown University, Providence, RI, USA
J Rehabil Res Dev 48:483-92. 2011..The results of this pilot study suggest that both types of BWSTT may improve QoL for people with gait dysfunction secondary to MS...
- Clinical designs of recent robot rehabilitation trialsAlbert C Lo
Department of Neurology, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
Am J Phys Med Rehabil 91:S204-16. 2012..Development of rehabilitation robots for clinical use needs to occur hand in hand with well-conducted clinical trials to provide evidence of efficacy while also taking into account costs...
- Rationale and design of a clinical trial investigating resistance training as an aid to smoking cessation in persons with multiple sclerosisJoseph T Ciccolo
Centers for Behavioral and Preventive Medicine, The Miriam Hospital and Brown University, Providence, RI 02903, USA
Contemp Clin Trials 33:848-52. 2012..e., weight training) to be beneficial for smoking cessation in the general population; however, no study has examined the use of resistance training as an aid to cessation in those with MS...
- Robot-assisted therapy for long-term upper-limb impairment after strokeAlbert C Lo
Providence Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Brown University, Providence, RI 02909, USA
N Engl J Med 362:1772-83. 2010..Effective rehabilitative therapies are needed for patients with long-term deficits after stroke...
- Multicenter randomized trial of robot-assisted rehabilitation for chronic stroke: methods and entry characteristics for VA ROBOTICSAlbert C Lo
Providence VA Medical Center, Brown University, VA RR and D Center of Excellence Center for Restorative and Regenerative Medicine, Providence, Rhode Island
Neurorehabil Neural Repair 23:775-83. 2009..Chronic upper extremity impairment due to stroke has significant medical, psychosocial, and financial consequences, but few studies have examined the effectiveness of rehabilitation therapy during the chronic stroke period...