Albert C Lo
Affiliation: Brown University
- Improving gait in multiple sclerosis using robot-assisted, body weight supported treadmill trainingAlbert C Lo
Department of Clinical Neurosciences at Brown University, Providence VA Medical Center, Providence, Rhode Island 02909 4799, USA
Neurorehabil Neural Repair 22:661-71. 2008..A promising outpatient intervention to help improve gait function with potential for addressing this treatment gap is task-repetitive gait training...
- Reduction of freezing of gait in Parkinson's disease by repetitive robot-assisted treadmill training: a pilot studyAlbert C Lo
VA RR and D Center of Excellence Center for Restorative and Regenerative Medicine, Providence VA Medical Center, 830 Chalkstone Ave, Providence, RI 02908, USA
J Neuroeng Rehabil 7:51. 2010..The purpose of this study was to examine the potential effect of continuous physical cueing using robot-assisted sensorimotor gait training on reducing FOG episodes and improving gait...
- Effect of robot-assisted versus conventional body-weight-supported treadmill training on quality of life for people with multiple sclerosisLauren M Wier
Department of Community Health, Brown University, Providence, RI, USA
J Rehabil Res Dev 48:483-92. 2011..The results of this pilot study suggest that both types of BWSTT may improve QoL for people with gait dysfunction secondary to MS...
- Clinical designs of recent robot rehabilitation trialsAlbert C Lo
From the Departments of Neurology and Epidemiology, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island Center for Restorative and Regenerative Medicine, Providence VA Medical Center, Providence, Rhode Island and Neuroscience Research, Mandell Multiple Sclerosis Center, Saint Francis Hospital, Hartford, Connecticut
Am J Phys Med Rehabil 91:S204-16. 2012..Development of rehabilitation robots for clinical use needs to occur hand in hand with well-conducted clinical trials to provide evidence of efficacy while also taking into account costs...
- Rationale and design of a clinical trial investigating resistance training as an aid to smoking cessation in persons with multiple sclerosisJoseph T Ciccolo
Centers for Behavioral and Preventive Medicine, The Miriam Hospital and Brown University, Providence, RI 02903, USA
Contemp Clin Trials 33:848-52. 2012....
- Robot-assisted therapy for long-term upper-limb impairment after strokeAlbert C Lo
Providence Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Brown University, Providence, RI 02909, USA
N Engl J Med 362:1772-83. 2010..Effective rehabilitative therapies are needed for patients with long-term deficits after stroke...
- Multicenter randomized trial of robot-assisted rehabilitation for chronic stroke: methods and entry characteristics for VA ROBOTICSAlbert C Lo
Providence VA Medical Center, Brown University, VA RR and D Center of Excellence Center for Restorative and Regenerative Medicine, Providence, Rhode Island
Neurorehabil Neural Repair 23:775-83. 2009..Chronic upper extremity impairment due to stroke has significant medical, psychosocial, and financial consequences, but few studies have examined the effectiveness of rehabilitation therapy during the chronic stroke period...