Affiliation: Brown University
- Is a short-interval postradiation mammogram necessary after conservative surgery and radiation in breast cancer?Kevin Lin
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 72:1041-7. 2008..To examine, in a retrospective study, whether the initial posttreatment mammogram offers any benefit to patients...
- Image guidance during head-and-neck cancer radiation therapy: analysis of alignment trends with in-room cone-beam computed tomography scansZachary Zumsteg
Department of Radiation Oncology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 83:712-9. 2012..However, daily CBCT is time intensive and increases the overall radiation dose. We assessed the feasibility of using the average couch shifts from the first several CBCTs to estimate and correct for the presumed systematic setup error...
- Improvements in prostate brachytherapy dosimetry due to seed strandingKevin Lin
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Brachytherapy 6:44-8. 2007..In order to contribute to the understanding of whether seed stranding improves dosimetry, we present retrospective data from our institution...
- Initial clinical experience with image-guided linear accelerator-based spinal radiosurgery for treatment of benign nerve sheath tumorsMichael T Selch
Department of Radiation Oncology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095 6951, USA
Surg Neurol 72:668-74; discussion 674-5. 2009..Stereotactic radiosurgery has proven a safe and effective treatment of cranial nerve sheath tumors. A similar approach should be successful for histologically identical spinal nerve sheath tumors...
- Early nodal response as a predictor for necessity of functional neck dissection after chemoradiationRoy Vongtama
Department of Radiation Oncology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Cancer J 10:339-42. 2004..In this study, we retrospectively analyzed a cohort of node-positive patients to examine pathological response as well as clinical outcome after chemoradiation with or without functional neck dissection...