Affiliation: Brown University
- Tacrine use in nursing homes: implications for prescribing new cholinesterase inhibitors. SAGE Study Group. Systematic Assessment of Geriatric Drug Use via EpidemiologyD R Gifford
Department of Medicine, Center for Gerontology and Health Care Research, Brown University, Providence, RI 02912, USA
Neurology 52:238-44. 1999..To describe the use of tacrine in nursing home residents using data from a clinically based resident assessment instrument used by all US nursing homes...
- Improving adherence to dementia guidelines through education and opinion leaders. A randomized, controlled trialD R Gifford
Brown University School of Medicine, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
Ann Intern Med 131:237-46. 1999..Educational methods that encourage physicians to adopt practice guidelines are needed...
- Systematic review of clinical prediction rules for neuroimaging in the evaluation of dementiaD R Gifford
Division of Geriatrics, Rhode Island Hospital, 593 Eddy St, Providence, RI 02903, USA
Arch Intern Med 160:2855-62. 2000..Clinical practice guidelines for dementia do not recommend routine neuroimaging but vary in their recommended clinical prediction rules to identify patients who should undergo neuroimaging for potentially reversible causes of dementia...
- Public reporting of nursing home quality indicatorsDavid Gifford
Med Health R I 85:188-9. 2002
- Benchmarking and quality in residential and nursing homes: lessons from the USVincent Mor
Brown University, Department of Community Health, and Center for Gerontology and Health Care Research Providence, Rhode Island, USA
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 18:258-66. 2003..It is common to measure the performance of providers and to publicly report these data. This paper examines selected technical challenges facing those who design, implement and disseminate health care quality performance measures...
- The quality of quality measurement in U.S. nursing homesVincent Mor
Department of Community Health, Brown University School of Medicine, Box G A418, Providence, RI 02192, USA
Gerontologist 43:37-46. 2003..This article examines various technical challenges inherent in the design, implementation, and dissemination of health care quality performance measures...
- Detection of delirium in the intensive care unit: comparison of confusion assessment method for the intensive care unit with confusion assessment method ratingsLynn McNicoll
Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 53:495-500. 2005..To compare the Confusion Assessment Method (CAM) and CAM for the Intensive Care Unit (CAM-ICU) methods for detecting delirium in alert, nonintubated older ICU patients...
- The employment of nurse practitioners and physician assistants in U.S. nursing homesOrna Intrator
Center for Gerontology and Health Care Research, Brown University, Box G ST, Providence, RI 02912, USA
Gerontologist 45:486-95. 2005....
- External threats and nursing home administrator turnoverJ Angelelli
Center for Gerontology and Health Care Research, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
Health Care Manage Rev 26:52-62. 2001..This article examines administrator turnover from 1970 through 1997 in New York State and describes how turnover increased markedly in the late 1980s and early 1990s...
- Collaborative clinical quality improvement for pressure ulcers in nursing homesJoanne Lynn
RAND, Arlington, Virginia, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 55:1663-9. 2007..The project demonstrated multiple opportunities in collaborative quality improvement, including improving the measurement of quality and identifying research priorities, as well as improving care...
- Reporting quality of nursing home care to consumers: the Maryland experienceSören Mattke
Abt Associates Inc, Cambridge, MA, USA
Int J Qual Health Care 15:169-77. 2003..To design and implement a reporting system for quality of long-term care to empower consumers and to create incentives for quality improvement. To identify a model to approach this technically and politically difficult task...