David M Dosa
Affiliation: Brown University
- To evacuate or shelter in place: implications of universal hurricane evacuation policies on nursing home residentsDavid Dosa
Division of Primary Care, Providence VA Medical Center, Providence, RI, USA
J Am Med Dir Assoc 13:190.e1-7. 2012..To examine the differential morbidity/mortality associated with evacuation versus sheltering in place for nursing home (NH) residents exposed to the 4 most recent Gulf hurricanes...
- The controversy inherent in managing frail nursing home residents during complex hurricane emergenciesDavid M Dosa
Veteran s Administration Hospital, Providence, RI, USA
J Am Med Dir Assoc 9:599-604. 2008....
- Frequency of long-acting opioid analgesic initiation in opioid-naïve nursing home residentsDavid M Dosa
Center for Gerontology and Health Care Research, The Warren Alpert Medical School at Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island 02903, USA
J Pain Symptom Manage 38:515-21. 2009..Given the significance of the FDA warning, including a "black box" warning with transdermal fentanyl, this rate of naïve LAO initiation warrants efforts to further study the prescribing of opioids in NH residents...
- To evacuate or not to evacuate: lessons learned from Louisiana nursing home administrators following Hurricanes Katrina and RitaDavid M Dosa
Department of Medicine and Community Health, Brown University, Providence, RI, USA
J Am Med Dir Assoc 8:142-9. 2007....
- A day in the life of Oscar the catDavid M Dosa
Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, USA
N Engl J Med 357:328-9. 2007
- Potentially inappropriate treatment of urinary tract infections in two Rhode Island nursing homesPorpon Rotjanapan
Division of Infectious Diseases, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, USA
Arch Intern Med 171:438-43. 2011..The aim of this study was to determine the appropriateness of antibiotic initiation, selection, and duration of therapy among patients in nursing homes with results of a urinalysis showing urinary tract infection...