Genomes and Genes
S P David
Affiliation: Brown University
- No association between functional catechol O-methyl transferase 1947A>G polymorphism and smoking initiation, persistent smoking or smoking cessationSean P David
Brown University Center for Primary Care and Prevention, Pawtucket, Rhode Island, USA
Pharmacogenetics 12:265-8. 2002..These data suggest that the COMT 1947A>G polymorphism is not associated with smoking initiation, smoking persistence or smoking cessation...
- Genetic variation in the serotonin pathway and smoking cessation with nicotine replacement therapy: new data from the Patch in Practice trial and pooled analysesSean P David
Department of Family Medicine, Center for Primary Care and Prevention, The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, 111 Brewster Street, Pawtucket, RI 02806, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 98:77-85. 2008..However, the possibility remains that other variants in these or other 5-HT genes may influence NRT efficacy for smoking cessation in treatment seeking smokers...
- Bupropion efficacy for smoking cessation is influenced by the DRD2 Taq1A polymorphism: analysis of pooled data from two clinical trialsSean P David
Brown University Center for Primary Care and Prevention, Primary Care Genetics and Translational Research Center, Memorial Hospital of Rhode Island, Pawtucket, RI 02860, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 9:1251-7. 2007..These data suggest that bupropion may be effective for smoking cessation only in a subgroup of smokers with the DRD2 Taq1 A2/A2 genotype...
- Pharmacogenetic clinical trial of sustained-release bupropion for smoking cessationSean P David
Brown University Center for Primary Care and Prevention, Providence, RI 02860, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 9:821-33. 2007....
- Genetic variation in the dopamine D4 receptor (DRD4) gene and smoking cessation: follow-up of a randomised clinical trial of transdermal nicotine patchS P David
Brown Medical School Memorial Hospital of Rhode Island, Pawtucket, RI, USA
Pharmacogenomics J 8:122-8. 2008....
- The serotonin transporter 5-HTTLPR polymorphism and treatment response to nicotine patch: follow-up of a randomized controlled trialSean P David
Center for Primary Care and Prevention, Brown Medical School Memorial Hospital of Rhode Island, Pawtucket, RI 02960, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 9:225-31. 2007....
- Building a successful research enterprise in family medicine: the Brown experienceSean P David
Brown Medical School, USA
Med Health R I 89:281-4. 2006
- Ventral striatum/nucleus accumbens activation to smoking-related pictorial cues in smokers and nonsmokers: a functional magnetic resonance imaging studySean P David
Cancer Research United Kingdom General Practice Research Group, Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University of Oxford, Radcliffe Infirmary, UK
Biol Psychiatry 58:488-94. 2005..Converging evidence from several theories of the development of incentive-sensitization to smoking-related environmental stimuli suggests that the ventral striatum plays an important role in the processing of smoking-related cue reactivity...
- Envisaging and applying a unifying three-dimensional theoretical framework for generalist physiciansSean P David
Brown University Center for Primary Care and Prevention, Pawtucket, RI 02860, USA
Med Health R I 87:336-40. 2004
- Should we prescribe antibiotics for acute conjunctivitis?Sean P David
Brown Medical School, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
Am Fam Physician 66:1649-50. 2002
- PharmacogeneticsSean P David
Department of Family Medicine, Brown Medical School, Brown University Center for Primary Care and Prevention, Primary Care Genetics Laboratory, Translational Research Center, Memorial Hospital of Rhode Island USA
Prim Care 31:543-59, ix. 2004....
- Should we use multiple risk factor interventions for the primary prevention of coronary heart disease?Sean P David
Brown Medical School, Pawtucket, Rhode Island, USA
Am Fam Physician 66:245-6. 2002
- Does the DRD2-Taq1 A polymorphism influence treatment response to bupropion hydrochloride for reduction of the nicotine withdrawal syndrome?Sean P David
Center for Primary Care and Prevention, Brown University Medical School, Providence, RI 02860, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 5:935-42. 2003..These data suggest that bupropion attenuates specific symptoms of the nicotine withdrawal syndrome and that this effect may be modified by genotype for the dopamine D2 receptor...
- Should we offer routine breast cancer screening with mammography?Sean P David
Brown Medical School, Pawtucket, Rhode Island, USA
Am Fam Physician 68:260-2. 2003
- Association of COMT Val108/158Met genotype with smoking cessation in a nicotine replacement therapy randomized trialElaine C Johnstone
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 16:1065-9. 2007....
- Effects of nicotine withdrawal on verbal working memory and associated brain responseLawrence H Sweet
Department of Psychiatry, Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Providence, RI 02906, United States
Psychiatry Res 183:69-74. 2010....
- A functional genetic variation of the serotonin (5-HT) transporter affects 5-HT1A receptor binding in humansSean P David
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Cancer Research United Kingdom General Practice Research Group, University of Oxford, Oxford OX2 6HE, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 25:2586-90. 2005..The results may offer a plausible physiological mechanism underlying the association between 5-HTTLPR genotype, behavioral traits, and mood states...
- Fellowship training in family medicine at Brown: adding depth to breadthRick Long
Department of Family Medicine, Brown Medical School, USA
Med Health R I 89:274-5. 2006....
- Genetic variation in the dopamine pathway and smoking cessationSean P David
Brown University Center for Primary Care and Prevention, Department of Family Medicine, The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Memorial Hospital of Rhode Island, Pawtucket, RI 02860, USA
Pharmacogenomics 9:1307-21. 2008....
- Are family physicians willing to use pharmacogenetics for smoking cessation therapy?Michael J Stamp
Fam Med 35:83. 2003
- Chronic cigarette smoking and the microstructural integrity of white matter in healthy adults: a diffusion tensor imaging studyRobert H Paul
Department of Psychology, Behavioral Neuroscience, University of Missouri, St Louis, MO 63121, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 10:137-47. 2008..Additional studies are needed to further explore differences in white matter integrity between smokers and nonsmokers...
- A cost-effectiveness analysis of genetic testing of the DRD2 Taq1A polymorphism to aid treatment choice for smoking cessationNicky J Welton
Primary Care, Department, Community Based Medicine, University of Bristol, Bristol, UK
Nicotine Tob Res 10:231-40. 2008..In addition, single-gene tests are unlikely to be cost-effective, partly because the predictive value of these tests is likely to be modest...
- Smoking cessation in primary careSean P David
BMJ 336:1200-1. 2008
- Molecular genetics of successful smoking cessation: convergent genome-wide association study resultsGeorge R Uhl
Molecular Neurobiology Research Branch, National Institutes of Health Intramural Research Program, National Institute on Drug Abuse, 333 Cassell Dr, Ste 3510, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 65:683-93. 2008..Smoking remains a major public health problem. Twin studies indicate that the ability to quit smoking is substantially heritable, with genetics that overlap modestly with the genetics of vulnerability to dependence on addictive substances...
- Smoking cessationKate E Koplan
Harvard Medical School, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, MA 01225, USA
BMJ 336:217. 2008
- Comment on "The public health implications of smoking-induced decreased serum and red blood cell folate levels"Sean P David
Nicotine Tob Res 5:397-9. 2003
- Successful Latino community partnership program for smoking cessationSean P David
Am J Public Health 97:1348-9; author reply 1349. 2007
- Primary Care Genetics Cancer Prevention ConferenceSean David; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Psychobiological /Genetic Determinants-Smoking CessationSean David; Fiscal Year: 2006....