Kristy L Dalrymple
Affiliation: Brown University
- A clinically useful social anxiety disorder outcome scaleKristy Dalrymple
Department of Psychiatry, Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, RI 02904, USA Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Providence, RI, USA Electronic address
Compr Psychiatry 54:758-65. 2013..Its brevity and ease of scoring also suggest that it is feasible to incorporate into routine clinical practice. ..
- Issues and controversies surrounding the diagnosis and treatment of social anxiety disorderKristy L Dalrymple
Rhode Island Hospital and the Alpert Medical School of Brown University, 235 Plain Street Suite 501, Providence, RI 02905, USA
Expert Rev Neurother 12:993-1008; quiz 1009. 2012....
- Treatment-seeking for social anxiety disorder in a general outpatient psychiatry settingKristy L Dalrymple
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Alpert Medical School at Brown University, RI, United States
Psychiatry Res 187:375-81. 2011..Other factors should be examined in the future, such as knowledge of SAD and available treatment options...
- Diagnosing social anxiety disorder in the presence of obesity: implications for a proposed change in DSM-5Kristy L Dalrymple
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Alpert Medical School at Brown University, Providence, RI 02905, USA
Depress Anxiety 28:377-82. 2011..Although prior research has examined diagnosing SAD in individuals with stuttering, such research has not yet been conducted in obese individuals...
- Differences in clinical presentation between depressed outpatients wanting versus not wanting treatment for comorbid social anxiety disorderKristy L Dalrymple
Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, Rhode Island 02905, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 196:639-42. 2008..Results suggest that future treatments adapted for comorbid MDD and SAD perhaps should target work functioning and a broad range of social fears...
- Screening for social fears and social anxiety disorder in psychiatric outpatientsKristy L Dalrymple
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, RI 02905, USA
Compr Psychiatry 49:399-406. 2008..Results suggest that perhaps these fears could be added to the SCID screening question to capture individuals missed by the SCID screening question and to provide more comprehensive information for treatment purposes...
- Acceptance and commitment therapy for generalized social anxiety disorder: a pilot studyKristy L Dalrymple
Brown Medical School and Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, RI 02905, USA
Behav Modif 31:543-68. 2007..Results suggest the acceptability and potential efficacy of ACT for SAD and highlight the need for future research examining both the efficacy and mechanisms of change of acceptance-based programs for SAD...
- Does comorbid Social Anxiety Disorder impact the clinical presentation of principal Major Depressive Disorder?Kristy L Dalrymple
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Brown Medical School, Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, Rhode Island 02905, USA
J Affect Disord 100:241-7. 2007..Further, studies have shown that depressive disorders often are associated with SAD, but few have examined the clinical characteristics of patients with this particular comorbidity...
- Prevalence and clinical characteristics of psychotic versus nonpsychotic major depression in a general psychiatric outpatient clinicBrandon A Gaudiano
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, 345 Blackstone Boulevard, Providence, RI 02906, USA
Depress Anxiety 26:54-64. 2009..However, most past research on PMD has been conducted in inpatient hospital samples, and relatively little is known about PMD patients presenting for treatment in the community specifically...
- Age of onset of social anxiety disorder in depressed outpatientsKristy L Dalrymple
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, United States kristy
J Anxiety Disord 25:131-7. 2011..Findings suggest that patients with an onset of SAD in childhood or adolescence may be particularly at risk for a more severe and chronic course of depressive illness...
- Knowledge of social anxiety disorder relative to attention deficit hyperactivity disorder among educational professionalsJames D Herbert
Department of Psychology, Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA 19102 1192, USA
J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol 33:366-72. 2004..The results suggest that all 3 groups of educational professionals are surprisingly unfamiliar with adolescent SAD...