THOMAS H CHUN
Affiliation: Brown University
- Parental factors influence teen alcohol use after an emergency department visitTHOMAS H CHUN
Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, RI 02903, USA
Pediatr Emerg Care 24:668-72. 2008..To determine if parental factors are significant predictors of short-term adolescent drinking after an alcohol-related emergency department (ED) visit...
- Interventions for adolescent alcohol useTHOMAS H CHUN
Departments of Emergency Medicine and Pediatrics, The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
Curr Opin Pediatr 24:238-42. 2012..Successful prevention of and interventions for adolescent alcohol use may thus have significant public health impact. This article reviews the current literature on adolescent alcohol prevention and intervention strategies...
- The asthma/mental health nexus in a population-based sample of the United StatesTHOMAS H CHUN
Department of Emergency Medicine, The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Providence, RI 02903, USA
Chest 134:1176-82. 2008..This study investigates the relationship between current asthma and poor mental health in a nationally representative sample of the US population...
- The significance of marijuana use among alcohol-using adolescent emergency department patientsTHOMAS H CHUN
Departments of Emergency Medicine and Pediatrics, The Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Providence, RI, USA
Acad Emerg Med 17:63-71. 2010....
- Comparison of methohexital and pentobarbital as sedative agents for pediatric emergency department patients for computed tomographyTHOMAS H CHUN
Department of Emergency Medicine, The Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Providence, RI, USA
Pediatr Emerg Care 25:648-50. 2009....
- Beliefs and practices of pediatric emergency physicians and nurses regarding counseling alcohol-using adolescents: can counseling practice be predicted?THOMAS H CHUN
Department of Emergency Medicine, Center for Alcohol and Addiction Studies, The Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Providence, RI, USA
Pediatr Emerg Care 27:812-25. 2011....
- Alcohol use history differentiates adolescents treated in the emergency department after an alcohol-related incidentAnne M Fairlie
Department of Psychology, University of Rhode Island, Kingston, RI, USA
Pediatr Emerg Care 26:417-23. 2010..We examined whether these 3 groups of adolescents differed on measures of substance use as well as psychosocial factors...
- Ethnic group differences in substance use, depression, peer relationships, and parenting among adolescents receiving brief alcohol counselingLynn Hernandez
Brown University, The Alpert Medical School, Center for Alcohol and Addiction Studies, Providence, RI 02912, USA
J Ethn Subst Abuse 9:14-27. 2010..Consistent with the findings found in community samples, the overall findings of this study suggest that Hispanic and White non-Hispanic adolescents enrolled in this alcohol intervention have similar baseline characteristics...
- Alcohol-related visits to the emergency department by injured adolescents: a national perspectiveJames G Linakis
Department of Emergency Medicine, The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
J Adolesc Health 45:84-90. 2009....
- Teaching An Alcohol Intervention To Pediatric ER StaffThomas Chun; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..