C M Boney
Affiliation: Brown University
- EGF regulates survivin stability through the Raf-1/ERK pathway in insulin-secreting pancreatic ?-cellsHaijuan Wang
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Brown University, Providence, RI 02903, USA
BMC Mol Biol 11:66. 2010..Here, we analyzed the effects of the ?-cell mitogens IGF-1 and EGF on survivin regulation in the established pancreatic ?-cell model cell lines, MIN6 and INS-1 and in primary mouse islets...
- Metabolic syndrome in childhood: association with birth weight, maternal obesity, and gestational diabetes mellitusCharlotte M Boney
Division of Pediatric Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Pediatrics, Brown Medical School and Hasbro Children s Hospital, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
Pediatrics 115:e290-6. 2005..We examined the development of MS among large-for-gestational-age (LGA) and appropriate-for-gestational age (AGA) children...
- Src family tyrosine kinases participate in insulin-like growth factor I mitogenic signaling in 3T3-L1 cellsC M Boney
Department of Pediatrics, Brown University and Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, Rhode Island 02903, USA
Cell Growth Differ 12:379-86. 2001..Our results are the first to demonstrate that SFKs mediate IGF-I mitogenic signaling in 3T3-L1 cells and add to the growing body of evidence that SFKs play a crucial role in IGF-I action...
- The critical role of Shc in insulin-like growth factor-I-mediated mitogenesis and differentiation in 3T3-L1 preadipocytesC M Boney
Department of Pediatrics Rhode Island Hospital, Providence 02903, USA
Mol Endocrinol 14:805-13. 2000..Our results suggest that loss of the ability of IGF-I to activate Shc signaling to MAPK may be an early component of adipogenesis in 3T3-L1 cells...
- Modulation of insulin-like growth factor I mitogenic signaling in 3T3-L1 preadipocyte differentiationC M Boney
Department of Pediatrics, Rhode Island Hospital and Brown University, Providence 02903, USA
Endocrinology 139:1638-44. 1998..The change in IGF-I signaling via Shc phosphorylation and MAPK activity during 3T3-L1 differentiation indicates that loss of IGF-I mitogenic signaling via the MAPK pathway is part of the differentiation process...
- Regulation of preadipocyte factor-1 gene expression during 3T3-L1 cell differentiationC M Boney
Department of Pediatrics, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island 02903
Endocrinology 137:2923-8. 1996..We conclude that Pref-1 expression is not a reliable marker of preadipocytes, and that decreased Pref-1 abundance does not function as a trigger for adipocyte differentiation...
- Autoimmune polyglandular syndrome Type 3 and growth hormone deficiencyJ B Quintos
Department of Pediatric Endocrinology, Rhode Island Hospital The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Providence, RI 02903, USA
Pediatr Diabetes 11:438-42. 2010..GHD may be a component of all APS even though it is rare. Growth in treated children with Graves' disease should be followed closely as catch down growth below genetic height potential may be a harbinger of underlying GHD...
- Transient adrenal insufficiency in the premature newbornJose B Quintos
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Rhode Island Hospital The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island 02903, USA
Curr Opin Endocrinol Diabetes Obes 17:8-12. 2010..The present study will review the initial and more recent studies addressing adrenal insufficiency in the premature infant...
- Gestational diabetes: the forerunner for the development of maternal and childhood obesity and metabolic syndrome?Betty R Vohr
Department of Pediatrics, The Warren Alpert School of Medicine of Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 21:149-57. 2008..To examine the risk of obesity and metabolic syndrome in women with a history of gestational diabetes mellitus and in offspring born to mothers with gestational diabetes mellitus...
- Insulin resistance syndrome in women with prior history of gestational diabetes mellitusAnila Verma
Department of Community Health, Women and Infants' Hospital, Brown Medical School, 101 Dudley Street, Providence, RI 02912, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:3227-35. 2002..Early detection of markers of IRS is vital for possible prevention of type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular adverse events in women...
- Thyroid storm in a child following radioactive iodine (RAI) therapy: a consequence of RAI versus withdrawal of antithyroid medicationP M Kadmon
Department of Pediatrics, Rhode Island Hospital and Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island 02903, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 86:1865-7. 2001..We interpret this case as indicating that there may be a need to reevaluate the duration of antithyroid medication withdrawal before RAI therapy for hyperthyroid children at increased risk for thyroid storm...
- IGF-I activation of the AKT pathway is impaired in visceral but not subcutaneous preadipocytes from obese subjectsKelly Cleveland-Donovan
Department of Pediatrics, Rhode Island Hospital and Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island 02903, USA
Endocrinology 151:3752-63. 2010..We conclude that impaired cell cycle regulation by AKT contributes to the distinct growth phenotype of preadipocytes in visceral fat of obese subjects...
- C-terminal Src kinase (CSK) modulates insulin-like growth factor-I signaling through Src in 3T3-L1 differentiationHiroko Sekimoto
Department of Pediatrics, Brown Medical School and Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, Rhode Island 02903, USA
Endocrinology 144:2546-52. 2003..These results suggest that the loss of IGF-I downstream mitogenic signaling in differentiating 3T3-L1 cells is due to a change in IGF-I activation of c-Src and CSK may mediate the inactivation of c-Src by IGF-I in 3T3-L1 adipogenesis...
- (alpha)v(beta)3 integrins and Pyk2 mediate insulin-like growth factor I activation of Src and mitogen-activated protein kinase in 3T3-L1 cellsHiroko Sekimoto
Rhode Island Hospital, Department of Pediatrics, 593 Eddy Street, MPS 2, Providence, RI 02903, USA
Mol Endocrinol 19:1859-67. 2005..These results indicate that IGF-I signaling to MAPK is dependent on inside-out activation of (alpha)v(beta)3 integrins and integrin-facilitated multiprotein complex formation involving Pyk2 activation and association with Src...