M S Bauer
Affiliation: Brown University
- Clinical practice guidelines for bipolar disorder from the Department of Veterans AffairsM S Bauer
Department of Veterans Affairs, Medical Center, Providence, RI 02908 4799, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 60:9-21. 1999..This article describes the development and content of the VA-Clinical Practice Guidelines for Bipolar Disorder, which are available in their entirety on the Journal Web site (http://www. psychiatrist.com)...
- Predictors of service utilization in veterans with bipolar disorder: a prospective studyM S Bauer
Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Providence, RI 02908 4799, USA
J Affect Disord 44:159-68. 1997..Implications for the study of economic outcome are discussed. In particular, we propose that economic outcome is a complex function of both patient and system factors, rather than simply being passively driven by disease severity...
- The Internal State Scale: replication of its discriminating abilities in a multisite, public sector sampleM S Bauer
Providence VA Medical Center and the Brown University School of Medicine, RI 02908 4799, USA
Bipolar Disord 2:340-6. 2000..This study a) extends investigation to a multisite public sector sample and b) tests a revised scoring algorithm that formally identifies patients in mixed states...
- Determinants of functional outcome and healthcare costs in bipolar disorder: a high-intensity follow-up studyM S Bauer
Providence VA Medical Center and Brown University, Providence, RI 02908 4799, USA
J Affect Disord 65:231-41. 2001....
- The collaborative practice model for bipolar disorder: design and implementation in a multi-site randomized controlled trialM S Bauer
Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island 02908 4799, USA
Bipolar Disord 3:233-44. 2001..The BDP provides an example of a multi-faceted collaborative practice model that can be manualized and implemented across multiple sites in a randomized controlled trial...
- An evidence-based review of psychosocial treatments for bipolar disorderM S Bauer
Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Brown University, Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Providence, RI, USA
Psychopharmacol Bull 35:109-34. 2001..A research agenda focusing on interventions that are sustainable in general clinical practice is of the highest priority...
- Manual-based group psychotherapy for bipolar disorder: a feasibility studyM S Bauer
Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Brown University Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Providence, RI 02908 4799, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 59:449-55. 1998..The goals of this initial study were (a) to determine whether the procedures could be exported from the authors to other therapists and (b) to quantify tolerability and impact of procedures on patients...
- Principles of effectiveness trials and their implementation in VA Cooperative Study #430: 'Reducing the efficacy-effectiveness gap in bipolar disorder'M S Bauer
Providence VA Medical Center, Providence, RI, USA
J Affect Disord 67:61-78. 2001..If results are positive, this study will provide a reason to reconsider the prevailing trend toward limitation of ambulatory services that is characteristic of many managed care systems today...