Cynthia L Battle
Affiliation: Brown University
- Depression and breastfeeding: which postpartum patients take antidepressant medications?Cynthia L Battle
Brown Medical School, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
Depress Anxiety 25:888-91. 2008..No differences were found in age, race, or education...
- Treatment goals of depressed outpatients: a qualitative investigation of goals identified by participants in a depression treatment trialCynthia L Battle
Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University and Butler Hospital, Providence, RI 02906, USA
J Psychiatr Pract 16:425-30. 2010..These results underscore the fact that, in addition to improvement in the symptoms of depression, functional improvements are viewed as key treatment goals by depressed individuals...
- Childhood maltreatment associated with adult personality disorders: findings from the Collaborative Longitudinal Personality Disorders StudyCynthia L Battle
Collaborative Longitudinal PDs Study CLPS, Brown University Medical School, USA
J Pers Disord 18:193-211. 2004..However, even when controlling for the effect of borderline PD, other PD diagnoses were associated with specific types of maltreatment...
- Clinical features and impairment in women with Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) with Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), BPD without PTSD, and other personality disorders with PTSDCaron Zlotnick
Brown University School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Butler Hospital, Providence, RI 02906, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 191:706-13. 2003..Consistent with other research, the findings suggest that PTSD does not appear to alter the central features of BPD. The clinical implications of our findings are considered...
- Traumatic exposure and posttraumatic stress disorder in borderline, schizotypal, avoidant, and obsessive-compulsive personality disorders: findings from the collaborative longitudinal personality disorders studyShirley Yen
Department of Psychiatry, Brown University Medical School, 700 Butler Drive, Providence, RI 02906, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 190:510-8. 2002..In addition, they support an association between severity of PD and severity of traumatic exposure, as indicated by earlier trauma onset, trauma of an assaultive and personal nature, and more types of traumatic events...
- The importance of interpersonal treatment goals for depressed inpatientsLisa A Uebelacker
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University and Butler Hospital, Providence, Rhode Island 02906, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 196:217-22. 2008..These results suggest that for many severely depressed individuals, primary treatment goals include improvements in social and occupational functioning in addition to symptomatic improvement...
- Clinical characteristics of perinatal psychiatric patients: a chart review studyCynthia L Battle
Brown Medical School, Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 194:369-77. 2006..For more than a third of the sample, the treatment sought while pregnant or postpartum represented their first contact with the mental health system. Treatment implications are discussed...
- Newborn neurobehavioral patterns are differentially related to prenatal maternal major depressive disorder and serotonin reuptake inhibitor treatmentAmy L Salisbury
Department of Pediatrics, Brown Center for the Study of Children at Risk, Women and Infants Hospital of Rhode Island and the Department of Pediatrics, Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island 02905, USA
Depress Anxiety 28:1008-19. 2011..This study examined potential effects of MDD with and without SRI treatment on newborn neurobehavior...
- Family functioning in bipolar I disorderLisa A Uebelacker
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Brown University and Psychosocial Research Program, Butler Hospital, Providence, RI, USA
J Fam Psychol 20:701-4. 2006....
- Hatha yoga for depression: critical review of the evidence for efficacy, plausible mechanisms of action, and directions for future researchLisa A Uebelacker
Brown University School of Medicine and Butler Hospital 345 Blackstone Boulevard, Providence, RI 02906, USA
J Psychiatr Pract 16:22-33. 2010..The purpose of this article is to review the evidence for the efficacy of hatha yoga for depression and possible mechanisms by which yoga may have an impact on depression, and to outline directions for future research...
- Major depressive disorder during pregnancy and emotional attachment to the fetusJulie McFarland
Brown Center for the Study of Children at Risk, Warren Alpert Medical School, Brown University, Women and Infants Hospital of RI, Providence, USA
Arch Womens Ment Health 14:425-34. 2011..This study is the first to demonstrate that clinically defined MDD during pregnancy negatively impacts MFA, suggesting that the basis for poor mother-to-infant attachment in postpartum MDD may have roots in pregnancy...
- Symptoms of the anxiety disorders in a perinatal psychiatric sample: a chart reviewCasey A Schofield
Department of Psychology, Skidmore College, Saratoga Springs, NY Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Brown University Medical School, Providence, RI Butler Hospital, Providence, RI Women and Infants Hospital of Rhode Island, Providence, RI and George Washington University, Washington, DC
J Nerv Ment Dis 202:154-60. 2014..Although anxiety symptom levels were markedly elevated in this sample, anxiety disorders were diagnosed at relatively low rates. Implications for clinical practice, including discharge and treatment planning, are discussed. ..
- Gender differences in borderline personality disorder: findings from the Collaborative Longitudinal Personality Disorders StudyDawn M Johnson
Summa Health System, St Thomas Hospital, Akron, OH 44310, USA
Compr Psychiatry 44:284-92. 2003..For example, no difference was found in rates of major depressive disorder, a condition that is more prevalent in females. Thus, BPD pathology may be a prevailing characterization that can attenuate usual gender-based distinctions...
- Family Treatment for Postpartum DepressionCynthia Battle; Fiscal Year: 2006..This larger investigation will include more substantive assessment of child and family outcomes, building on the specialized training that Dr. Battle receives during the course of the K23 award. ..
- Treatment-Seeking for Depression Among Pregnant WomenCynthia Battle; Fiscal Year: 2007..This study will examine the reasons why some pregnant women seek help for their depression, and others do not. Results will help provide the basis for better, more acceptable, and accessible services for this vulnerable group of women. ..