Genomes and Genes
Rachel A Altura
Affiliation: Brown University
- Quantitative phosphoproteomic analysis identifies activation of the RET and IGF-1R/IR signaling pathways in neuroblastomaBradley D Denardo
Division of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, The Warren Albert School of Medicine at Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e82513. 2013..Furthermore, application of this previously unexploited technology in the clinic opens the possibility of providing a new wide-scale molecular signature to assess disease progression and prognosis. ..
- XPO1 (CRM1) inhibition represses STAT3 activation to drive a survivin-dependent oncogenic switch in triple-negative breast cancerYan Cheng
Corresponding Author Rachel A Altura, Department of Pediatrics, Rhode Island Hospital, 593 Eddy Street, Providence, RI 02903
Mol Cancer Ther 13:675-86. 2014..Collectively, these data demonstrate that XPO1 inhibition by SINE compounds represses STAT3 transactivation to block the selective oncogenic properties of survivin and supports their clinical use in TNBC...
- EGF regulates survivin stability through the Raf-1/ERK pathway in insulin-secreting pancreatic β-cellsHaijuan Wang
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Brown University, Providence, RI 02903, USA
BMC Mol Biol 11:66. 2010..Here, we analyzed the effects of the β-cell mitogens IGF-1 and EGF on survivin regulation in the established pancreatic β-cell model cell lines, MIN6 and INS-1 and in primary mouse islets...
- The CRM1 nuclear export protein in normal development and diseaseKevin T Nguyen
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Hasbro Children s Hospital and The Warren Alpert Medical School at Brown University Providence, Rhode Island, USA
Int J Biochem Mol Biol 3:137-51. 2012..Whether all of these proteins together are responsible for this phenotype or whether specific proteins are required for this effect is unclear at this time...
- Acetylation directs survivin nuclear localization to repress STAT3 oncogenic activityHaijuan Wang
Department of Pediatrics, Brown University and Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, Rhode Island 02903, USA
J Biol Chem 285:36129-37. 2010....
- Histone deacetylase 6 (HDAC6) deacetylates survivin for its nuclear export in breast cancerMatthew T Riolo
Department of Pediatrics, The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University and Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, Rhode Island 02903, USA
J Biol Chem 287:10885-93. 2012..Together, these data imply that HDAC6 deacetylates survivin to regulate its nuclear export, a feature that may provide a novel target for patients with ER+ breast cancer...
- A novel missense mutation in MVK associated with MK deficiency and dyserythropoietic anemiaAyman Samkari
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, Hasbro Children s Hospital and Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island 02903, USA
Pediatrics 125:e964-8. 2010..Treatment with corticosteroids and colchicine directed at controlling the autoinflammatory disease resulted in improvement of the anemia...