Affiliation: Brookings Institution
- Measuring health care performance now, not tomorrow: essential steps to support effective health reformJoachim Roski
Brookings Institution, Washington, DC, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 30:682-9. 2011..In this article we introduce an overall framework for achieving these goals, and we describe a set of steps to accelerate and expand the availability of performance measures to improve care now...
- Current efforts of regional and national performance measurement initiatives around the United StatesJoachim Roski
High Value Health Care Project, Engelberg Center for Health Care Reform, The Brookings Institution, Washington, DC 20036 2103, USA
Am J Med Qual 25:249-54. 2010..This would allow better coordination of promising regional initiatives to improve their impact and reduce operating costs/burden...
- Resource use and associated care effectiveness results for people with diabetes in managed care organizationsJoachim Roski
Brookings Institution, Engelberg Center for Healthcare Reform, Washington, District of Columbia 20036, USA
Am J Med Qual 23:365-74. 2008..To examine how resource use varies with care quality for managed care populations with diabetes...
- A national strategy to put accountable care into practiceMark McClellan
Engelberg Center for Health Care Reform, Brookings Institution, Washington, DC, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 29:982-90. 2010....
- Benchmarking physician performance: reliability of individual and composite measuresSarah Hudson Scholle
National Committee for Quality Assurance, Washington, DC 20005, USA
Am J Manag Care 14:833-8. 2008....
- Measuring the quality of care for group A streptococcal pharyngitis in 5 US health plansRita Mangione-Smith
Department of Pediatrics, University of California Los Angeles, 10833 LeConte Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 159:491-7. 2005..There is a high degree of professional consensus that children diagnosed with pharyngitis should only receive antibiotics if they have a positive test for group A streptococcus (GAS)...
- Measuring the quality of antibiotic prescribing for upper respiratory infections and bronchitis in 5 US health plansRita Mangione-Smith
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1752, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 159:751-7. 2005..To develop and test the validity of a quality-of-care performance measure that examines antibiotic prescribing rates in children diagnosed as having upper respiratory infection (URI) or bronchitis...
- Anticipating the future: how the emergence of innovative biologic agents impacts benefit design, utilization, and provider relationsRobert J Lipsy
Clinical Pharmacy Services, Health Net of Arizona, 950 North Finance Center Dr, Tucson, AZ 85710, USA
J Manag Care Pharm 10:S4-9; quiz S19. 2004..To review the impact of biologic therapies on commercial and government payers...
- Validation of data collection for the HEDIS performance measure on chlamydia screening in a MCOSarah Hudson Scholle
Am J Manag Care 9:713, 776; author reply 776. 2003
- Deciding not to measure performance: the case of acute otitis mediaRita Mangione-Smith
University of California, Los Angeles, Department of Pediatrics, USA
Jt Comm J Qual Saf 29:27-36. 2003..This is the case with AOM. Unfortunately, the evidence base will likely remain inadequate to support the development of such a measure in the future...