F W Studier
Affiliation: Brookhaven National Laboratory
- Protein production by auto-induction in high density shaking culturesF William Studier
Biology Department, Brookhaven National Laboratory, Upton, NY 11973, USA
Protein Expr Purif 41:207-34. 2005..Selenomethionine labeling was equally efficient in the commonly used methionine auxotroph B834(DE3) (found to be metE) or the prototroph BL21(DE3)...
- Understanding the differences between genome sequences of Escherichia coli B strains REL606 and BL21(DE3) and comparison of the E. coli B and K-12 genomesF William Studier
Biology Department, Brookhaven National Laboratory, PO Box 5000, Upton, NY 11973 5000, USA
J Mol Biol 394:653-80. 2009..Complex deletions (dense clusters of small deletions and substitutions) apparently removed nonessential genes from approximately 30 sites in the basic genomes...
- Entry of bacteriophage T7 DNA into the cell and escape from host restrictionB A Moffatt
Biology Department, Brookhaven National Laboratory, Upton, New York 11973
J Bacteriol 170:2095-105. 1988..T7 mutants that lack all three strong early promoters A1, A2, and A3 could grow by using a secondary promoter...
- Multiple roles of T7 RNA polymerase and T7 lysozyme during bacteriophage T7 infectionXing Zhang
Biology Department, Brookhaven National Laboratory, Upton, NY 11973-5000, USA
J Mol Biol 340:707-30. 2004....
- Protein production and purificationSusanne Gräslund
Karolinska Institutet, Scheeles vag 2, 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Nat Methods 5:135-46. 2008..This review presents methods that could be applied at the outset of any project, a prioritized list of alternate strategies and a list of pitfalls that trip many new investigators...