Affiliation: Brookhaven National Laboratory
- Selective breeding for helplessness in rats alters the metabolic profile of the hippocampus and frontal cortex: a 1H-MRS study at 9.4 TDaniela Schulz
Medical Department, Brookhaven National Laboratory, Upton, NY 11973, USA
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 16:199-212. 2013....
- Integrating PET with behavioral neuroscience using RatCAP tomographyDaniela Schulz
Department of Neurobiology and Behavior, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794 5230, USA
Rev Neurosci 22:647-55. 2011..We summarize our studies that assessed spontaneous, self-initiated behavioral activity and dopamine D2 receptor functions simultaneously...
- Cognitive aspects of congenital learned helplessness and its reversal by the monoamine oxidase (MAO)-B inhibitor deprenylDaniela Schulz
Medical Department, Brookhaven National Laboratory, Upton, NY 11973, United States
Neurobiol Learn Mem 93:291-301. 2010..did not alter locomotion/exploration or 'anxiety' in the open field. In conclusion, helplessness may be related to altered mechanisms of reinforcement learning and working memory, and to abnormalities in MAO-A and/or MAO-B functioning...
- Small animal simultaneous PET/MRI: initial experiences in a 9.4 T microMRISri Harsha Maramraju
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY, USA
Phys Med Biol 56:2459-80. 2011..Our initial results demonstrate the feasibility of performing simultaneous PET and MRI studies in adult rats and mice using the same PET insert in a small-bore 9.4 T MRI...
- Synaptic abnormalities in the infralimbic cortex of a model of congenital depressionRonald R Seese
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, University of California, Irvine, California 92697, USA
J Neurosci 33:13441-8. 2013..Compared with controls, both cLH and cNLH rats had fewer GABAergic contacts. These results indicate that congenital tendencies that increase or decrease depression-like behavior differentially affect excitatory synapses. ..
- Simultaneous assessment of rodent behavior and neurochemistry using a miniature positron emission tomographDaniela Schulz
Medical Department, Brookhaven National Laboratory, Upton, New York, USA
Nat Methods 8:347-52. 2011..The simultaneity of the PET and behavioral data provides a multidimensional tool for studying the functions of different brain regions and their molecular constituents...