Affiliation: Brookhaven National Laboratory
- Selective breeding for helplessness in rats alters the metabolic profile of the hippocampus and frontal cortex: a 1H-MRS study at 9.4 TDaniela Schulz
Medical Department, Brookhaven National Laboratory, Upton, NY 11973, USA
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 16:199-212. 2013....
- Integrating PET with behavioral neuroscience using RatCAP tomographyDaniela Schulz
Department of Neurobiology and Behavior, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794 5230, USA
Rev Neurosci 22:647-55. 2011..We summarize our studies that assessed spontaneous, self-initiated behavioral activity and dopamine D2 receptor functions simultaneously...
- Cognitive aspects of congenital learned helplessness and its reversal by the monoamine oxidase (MAO)-B inhibitor deprenylDaniela Schulz
Medical Department, Brookhaven National Laboratory, Upton, NY 11973, United States
Neurobiol Learn Mem 93:291-301. 2010..did not alter locomotion/exploration or 'anxiety' in the open field. In conclusion, helplessness may be related to altered mechanisms of reinforcement learning and working memory, and to abnormalities in MAO-A and/or MAO-B functioning...
- Small animal simultaneous PET/MRI: initial experiences in a 9.4 T microMRISri Harsha Maramraju
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY, USA
Phys Med Biol 56:2459-80. 2011..Our initial results demonstrate the feasibility of performing simultaneous PET and MRI studies in adult rats and mice using the same PET insert in a small-bore 9.4 T MRI...
- Synaptic abnormalities in the infralimbic cortex of a model of congenital depressionRonald R Seese
Departments of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Psychiatry and Human Behavior, and Neurobiology and Behavior, University of California, Irvine, California 92697, Brookhaven National Laboratory, Upton, New York 11973, and Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Cold Spring Harbor, New York 11724
J Neurosci 33:13441-8. 2013..Compared with controls, both cLH and cNLH rats had fewer GABAergic contacts. These results indicate that congenital tendencies that increase or decrease depression-like behavior differentially affect excitatory synapses. ..
- Simultaneous assessment of rodent behavior and neurochemistry using a miniature positron emission tomographDaniela Schulz
Medical Department, Brookhaven National Laboratory, Upton, New York, USA
Nat Methods 8:347-52. 2011..The simultaneity of the PET and behavioral data provides a multidimensional tool for studying the functions of different brain regions and their molecular constituents...