Dean M Connor
Affiliation: Brookhaven National Laboratory
- Diffraction enhanced imaging of controlled defects within bone, including bone-metal gapsD M Connor
Brookhaven National Lab, Upton, NY 11973, USA
Phys Med Biol 51:3283-300. 2006..The images acquired with DEI show measurable contrast-to-noise gains when compared to the images acquired using SR radiography...
- Computed tomography of amyloid plaques in a mouse model of Alzheimer's disease using diffraction enhanced imagingDean M Connor
National Synchrotron Light Source, Brookhaven National Laboratory, Upton, NY 11973, USA
Neuroimage 46:908-14. 2009..Several anatomical structures, including hippocampal subregions and white matter tracks, were also observed. Thus, DEI has strong promise in early diagnosis of AD, as well as general studies of the mouse brain...
- Comparison of diffraction-enhanced computed tomography and monochromatic synchrotron radiation computed tomography of human trabecular boneD M Connor
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Biomedical Research Imaging Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 4030 Bondurant Hall, CB 7000, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Phys Med Biol 54:6123-33. 2009..Thus, DECT will prove to be a useful tool for imaging applications in which high contrast and high spatial resolution are required for both soft tissue features and bone...
- Radiologist evaluation of an X-ray tube-based diffraction-enhanced imaging prototype using full-thickness breast specimensLaura Faulconer
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, CB 7000, 4030 Bondurant Hall, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Acad Radiol 16:1329-37. 2009..However, a lingering drawback to the clinical translation of DEI has been the requirement for synchrotron radiation...
- An extended diffraction-enhanced imaging method for implementing multiple-image radiographyCheng Ying Chou
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Illinois Institute of Technology, 10 West 32nd Street, E1 116, Chicago, IL 60616, USA
Phys Med Biol 52:1923-45. 2007..The extended DEI method can be viewed as an implementation of the recently proposed multiple-image radiography paradigm. Validation studies are conducted by use of computer-simulated and synchrotron measurement data...
- Design and implementation of a compact low-dose diffraction enhanced medical imaging systemChristopher Parham
Departments of Radiology and Biomedical Engineering, School of Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7000, USA
Acad Radiol 16:911-7. 2009..DEI is able to generate contrast from x-ray absorption, refraction, and ultra-small-angle scatter rejection (extinction) to produce high-contrast images with a much lower radiation dose compared to conventional radiography...
- Effect of breast compression on lesion characteristic visibility with diffraction-enhanced imagingLaura S Faulconer
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Acad Radiol 17:433-40. 2010..Because DEI possesses inherently superior contrast mechanisms, the current study assesses the effect of breast compression on lesion characteristic visibility with DEI imaging of breast specimens...