Affiliation: Brody School of Medicine
- Use of integrated care delivery to improve the quality of diabetes management among African AmericansPaul Bray
University Health Systems Physicians, 2000 Venture Tower Rd, Greenville, NC 27834, USA
N C Med J 72:390-2. 2011..One key policy goal involves reimbursement for diabetes care delivered by physician and nonphysician health care professionals on the same day. Our evidence suggests that this integrated care improves outcomes among patients...
- Feasibility and effectiveness of system redesign for diabetes care management in rural areas: the eastern North Carolina experiencePaul Bray
University Health Systems of Eastern Carolina, Greenville, NC 27834, USA
Diabetes Educ 31:712-8. 2005..This study assesses the feasibility and potential for cost-effectiveness of restructuring care in rural fee-for-service practices for predominantly minority patients with diabetes mellitus...
- Confronting disparities in diabetes care: the clinical effectiveness of redesigning care management for minority patients in rural primary care practicesPaul Bray
Bertie Memorial Hospital, University Health Systems, Windsor, NC 27983, USA
J Rural Health 21:317-21. 2005..Diabetes mellitus and its complications disproportionately affect minority citizens in rural communities, many of whom have limited access to comprehensive diabetes management services...
- After the collaborative is over: what sustains quality improvement initiatives in primary care practices?Paul Bray
Bertie Memorial Hospital, Department of Family Medicine, Brody School of Medicine, East Carolina University, Greenville, North Carolina, USA
Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf 35:502-8. 2009..A series of practice characteristics that constitute critical elements for QI sustainability activities, as described in a Sustainability Pyramid Model, were proposed...
- Improved outcomes in diabetes care for rural African AmericansPaul Bray
Vidant Health formerly University Health System, Greenville, NC 27834, USA
Ann Fam Med 11:145-50. 2013..We determined the effectiveness of a redesigned primary care model on patients' glycemic, blood pressure, and lipid level control...
- How eight primary care practices initiated and maintained quality monitoring and reportingPhilip D Sloane
Department of Family Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7595, USA
J Am Board Fam Med 24:360-9. 2011..Primary care medical practices increasingly are asked by payers, employers, and government agencies to report quality data, but the process of doing so is not well delineated...
- A novel variant in the platelet endothelial aggregation receptor-1 gene is associated with increased platelet aggregabilityJ Enrique Herrera-Galeano
Departments of Medicine and Anesthesiology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 28:1484-90. 2008..We looked for novel genetic variants in PEAR1 and studied their association with agonist-induced native platelet aggregation and with the inhibitory effect of aspirin on platelets...