Affiliation: Bristol-Myers Squibb
- HIV genotypic resistance testing to optimize antiretroviral prescribing: is there room for improvement?Jonathan Uy
Section of Infectious Diseases, University of Illinois College of Medicine, Chicago, IL, USA
Antivir Ther 12:957-62. 2007..Clinical utilization of genotype resistance testing is evolving. We examined the extent to which HIV care providers requesting genotype resistance tests used the information appropriately and the impact of inappropriate utilization...
- Initiation of HAART at higher CD4 cell counts is associated with a lower frequency of antiretroviral drug resistance mutations at virologic failureJonathan Uy
University of Illinois, Chicago, IL, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 51:450-3. 2009..There are limited data on the risk of developing HIV drug resistance based on the CD4 cell count at which highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) is initiated...
- Treatment of advanced HIV disease in antiretroviral-naïve HIV-1-infected patients receiving once-daily atazanavir/ritonavir or twice-daily lopinavir/ritonavir, each in combination with tenofovir disoproxil fumarate and emtricitabineJonathan Uy
Bristol Myers Squibb, Research and Development, Plainsboro, USA
AIDS Care 23:1500-4. 2011..These results highlight the importance of tolerability of antiretroviral therapy (ART) in the patients at greatest risk of morbidity and mortality when using regimens of similar potency...
- Virologic failures on initial boosted-PI regimen infrequently possess low-level variants with major PI resistance mutations by ultra-deep sequencingMax Lataillade
Research and Development, Bristol Myers Squibb, Wallingford, Connecticut, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e30118. 2012..CASTLE compared the efficacy of atazanavir/ritonavir (ATV/r) with lopinavir/ritonavir (LPV/r), each in combination with TVD in ARV-naïve subjects...
- Prevalence and clinical significance of HIV drug resistance mutations by ultra-deep sequencing in antiretroviral-naïve subjects in the CASTLE studyMax Lataillade
Global Development and Medical Affairs, Bristol Myers Squibb, Wallingford, Connecticut, USA
PLoS ONE 5:e10952. 2010..CASTLE compared the efficacy of atazanavir/ritonavir with lopinavir/ritonavir, each in combination with tenofovir-emtricitabine in ARV-naïve subjects from 5 continents...
- Prevalence of antiretroviral drug resistance mutations in chronically HIV-infected, treatment-naive patients: implications for routine resistance screening before initiation of antiretroviral therapyRichard M Novak
University of Illinois, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Clin Infect Dis 40:468-74. 2005..However, it is unclear to what extent these mutations persist in chronically infected, treatment-naive patients...
- Phenotypic and genotypic analysis of biologically cloned human immunodeficiency virus type 1 isolates from patients treated with zidovudine and lamivudineThomas C Stoeckli
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Preventive Medicine and Biometrics, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver 80262, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:4000-3. 2002..Sequences from the Stanford HIV RT and Protease Sequence Database showed that these mutations were more common in HIV-1 isolates from patients treated with zidovudine and lamivudine than in patients not treated with these drugs...
- The Incidence of HIV drug resistance and its impact on progression of HIV disease among antiretroviral-naïve participants started on three different antiretroviral therapy strategiesMichael J Kozal
Yale University School of Medicine and VA CT Healthcare System, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
HIV Clin Trials 8:357-70. 2007..The strategies were compared for drug resistance at first virologic failure (VF; HIV RNA >1000 copies/mL). The impact of resistance on AIDS or death was determined...
- Moving forward in HIV medicineJonathan Uy
University of Illinois at Chicago, USA
Posit Aware 14:32-3. 2003