Carol Lynn Berseth
Affiliation: Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Growth, efficacy, and safety of feeding an iron-fortified human milk fortifierCarol Lynn Berseth
Mead Johnson Nutritionals, 2400 W Lloyd Expwy, Evansville, Indiana 47721, USA
Pediatrics 114:e699-706. 2004....
- Feeding strategies and necrotizing enterocolitisCarol Lynn Berseth
Director Medical Affairs North America, Mead Johnson and Company, Evansville, Indiana 47721, USA
Curr Opin Pediatr 17:170-3. 2005..To update clinical trials concerning feeding strategies or feeding interventions to prevent necrotizing enterocolitis (NEC)...
- Clinical response to 2 commonly used switch formulas occurs within 1 dayCarol Lynn Berseth
Mead Johnson Nutritionals, Evansville, Indiana 47721, USA
Clin Pediatr (Phila) 48:58-65. 2009..PHF, with a protein profile patterned more closely on human breast milk, improved symptoms of formula intolerance as well as soy-based formula...
- Prolonging small feeding volumes early in life decreases the incidence of necrotizing enterocolitis in very low birth weight infantsCarol Lynn Berseth
Newborn Section, Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Pediatrics 111:529-34. 2003..The purpose of this study was to compare the risks and benefits of small and increasing feeding volume...
- Growth and tolerance of infants fed formula supplemented with polydextrose (PDX) and/or galactooligosaccharides (GOS): double-blind, randomized, controlled trialClaude Ashley
Clinical Research, Department of Medical Affairs, Mead Johnson Nutrition, Evansville, IN 47721, USA
Nutr J 11:38. 2012....
- Erythromycin fails to improve feeding outcome in feeding-intolerant preterm infantsAdel A ElHennawy
Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, Texas, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 37:281-6. 2003..This study was designed to assess the efficacy of erythromycin in feeding-intolerant infants, as measured by gastric emptying, maturation of gastrointestinal motor patterns, and time to achieve full enteral feedings...
- Hypoallergenicity and effects on growth and tolerance of a new amino acid-based formula with docosahexaenoic acid and arachidonic acidWesley Burks
Department of Pediatrics, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
J Pediatr 153:266-71. 2008..In study 2, to evaluate the hypoallergenicity of this new AAF in infants and children with confirmed cow's milk allergy (CMA)...
- Minimal enteral feeding induces maturation of intestinal motor function but not mucosal growth in neonatal dogsLisa Owens
Department of Pediatrics, Newborn Section, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Nutr 132:2717-22. 2002..Small feeding volumes trigger this maturation as well as large volumes...
- Tolerance of a standard intact protein formula versus a partially hydrolyzed formula in healthy, term infantsCarol Lynn Berseth
Mead Johnson Nutrition, 2400 W, Lloyd Expressway, Evansville, Indiana 47721, USA
Nutr J 8:27. 2009..Up to one-half of formula-fed infants experience a formula change during the first six months of life...
- Term infants fed formula supplemented with selected blends of prebiotics grow normally and have soft stools similar to those reported for breast-fed infantsEkhard Ziegler
Department of Pediatrics, University of Iowa Hospital and Clinic, Iowa City, IA, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 44:359-64. 2007....
- Impact of necrotizing enterocolitis on length of stay and hospital charges in very low birth weight infantsJennifer A Bisquera
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Neonatology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Pediatrics 109:423-8. 2002..To determine the impact of necrotizing enterocolitis (NEC) on length of stay and hospital charges...
- Docosahexaenoic acid in red blood cells of term infants receiving two levels of long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acidsDennis R Hoffman
Retina Foundation of the Southwest, Dallas, Texas, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 42:287-92. 2006....
- Extrinsic neural regulation of antroduodenal motor activity in preterm infantsYouhanna Al-Tawil
Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Dig Dis Sci 47:2657-63. 2002..We conclude that extrinsic neural regulation of duodenal motor patterns is present in only about half of preterm infants...
- Feeding the preterm infant: opportunities and challenges of bringing science to the bedsideJosef Neu
Department of Pediatrics, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA
J Pediatr 162:S101-6. 2013....
- Whose child is it anyway? Resolving parent-physician conflict in the NICU settingJill Jasper
Pediatric Resident, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Am J Perinatol 20:373-80. 2003....
- Antroduodenal motility and feeding outcome among neonatal extracorporeal membrane oxygenation survivorsSudarshan R Jadcherla
Division of Neonatology and Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Columbus Children s Hospital and Children s Research Institute, Department of Pediatrics at the OSU, Columbus, Ohio 43205, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 41:347-50. 2005..Feeding difficulties are common among survivors of extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO). In this study, we characterized antroduodenal motor patterns and feeding outcomes among 10 ECMO survivors...
- Gastric residuals in prediction of necrotizing enterocolitis in very low birth weight infantsAlexander B Kenton
Pediatrics 113:1848-9; author reply 1848-9. 2004
- Effect of erythromycin on gastroduodenal contractile activity in developing neonatesSudarshan Rao Jadcherla
Department of Pediatrics and Section of Neonatology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 34:16-22. 2002....
- Fortifying fresh human milk with commercial powdered human milk fortifiers does not affect bacterial growth during 6 hours at room temperatureSucheta Telang
Department of Medicine, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 105:1567-72. 2005....