Sherif I F Badawy
Affiliation: Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Quality by design development of brivanib alaninate tablets: Degradant and moisture control strategySherif I F Badawy
Drug Product Science and Technology, Bristol Myers Squibb Research and Development, New Brunswick, NJ, USA Electronic address
Int J Pharm 469:111-20. 2014..The control strategy includes a specification limit on the tablet water content and manufacturing process controls that achieve this limit at the time of tablet release testing. ..
- Mechanistic basis for the effects of process parameters on quality attributes in high shear wet granulationSherif I F Badawy
Drug Product Science and Technology, Bristol Myers Squibb Company, One Squibb Drive, New Brunswick, NJ 08903, USA
Int J Pharm 439:324-33. 2012..Understanding the impact of primary granule properties on bulk powder properties and final product critical quality attributes provides the basis for modulating granulation parameters in order to optimize product performance...
- Effect of spray-dried mannitol on the performance of microcrystalline cellulose-based wet granulated tablet formulationSherif I F Badawy
Bristol Myers Squibb Company, Pharmaceutics R and D, New Brunswick, New Jersey 08903, USA
Pharm Dev Technol 15:339-45. 2010..Presence of mannitol in the formulation reduced the compression speed sensitivity and also decreased the susceptibility of the formulation to hardness loss upon storage...
- Degradation pathways of a corticotropin-releasing factor antagonist in solution and solid statesS Badawy
Pharmaceutical Development, Bristol Myers Squibb Company, One Squibb Dr, New Brunswick, New Jersey 08903, USA
J Pharm Sci 98:2636-47. 2009..This intermediate was observed at a lower concentration in the tablet at the high humidity conditions and at very low concentrations in acidic solutions...
- Effect of processing and formulation variables on the stability of a salt of a weakly basic drug candidateSherif Badawy
Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Bristol Myers Squibb Company, New Brunswick, New Jersey 08903, USA
Pharm Dev Technol 9:239-45. 2004..This study shows that selection of the proper manufacturing process, in conjunction with the appropriate pH modifier, could be critical to dosage form stability...
- Formulation of solid dosage forms to overcome gastric pH interaction of the factor Xa inhibitor, BMS-561389Sherif I Farag Badawy
Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Bristol Myers Squibb Co, One Squibb Drive, New Brunswick, New Jersey 08903, USA
Pharm Res 23:989-96. 2006....
- A study on the effect of wet granulation on microcrystalline cellulose particle structure and performanceSherif I Farag Badawy
Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Bristol Myers Squibb Co, One Squibb Drive, New Brunswick, New Jersey, 08903, USA
Pharm Res 23:634-40. 2006..The aim of this study was to investigate the mechanism of the effect of wet granulation process on the compaction properties of microcrystalline cellulose (MCC)...
- Effect of starting material particle size on its agglomeration behavior in high shear wet granulationSherif I Farag Badawy
Bristol Myers Squibb Pharmaceutical Research Institute, New Brunswick, NJ, USA
AAPS PharmSciTech 5:e38. 2004..The lower yield stress of compacts prepared with this grade may indicate a higher coalescence tendency for its granules during wet granulation...
- Microenvironmental pH modulation in solid dosage formsSherif I Farag Badawy
Bristol Myers Squibb Pharmaceutical Research Institute, New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA
J Pharm Sci 96:948-59. 2007..The incorporation of acidic pH modifiers in the controlled release formulation increases the solubility of the basic drug even as the high pH dissolution medium enters into the dosage form hence increasing drug release rate...
- Assessment of segregation potential of powder blendsKeyur R Shah
Bristol Myers Squibb Pharmaceutical Research Institute, New Brunswick, NJ 08903, USA
Pharm Dev Technol 12:457-62. 2007..A segregation risk classification system is proposed to assess the potential of segregation at large scale...