Genomes and Genes
E D Rosen
Affiliation: Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Molecular regulation of adipogenesisE D Rosen
Department of Cancer Biology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol 16:145-71. 2000..Emphasis is placed, where possible, on in vivo studies with the hope that the results discussed may one day shed light on basic questions of cellular growth and differentiation in addition to possible benefits in human health...
- Transcriptional regulation of adipogenesisE D Rosen
Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115 USA
Genes Dev 14:1293-307. 2000
- The role of PPAR-gamma in macrophage differentiation and cholesterol uptakeK J Moore
Lipid Metabolism Unit, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nat Med 7:41-7. 2001....
- PPAR gamma is required for the differentiation of adipose tissue in vivo and in vitroE D Rosen
Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Mol Cell 4:611-7. 1999..In vitro, the differentiation of ES cells into fat is shown to be dependent on PPAR gamma gene dosage. These data provide direct evidence that PPAR gamma is essential for the formation of fat...
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma target gene encoding a novel angiopoietin-related protein associated with adipose differentiationJ C Yoon
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Mol Cell Biol 20:5343-9. 2000..Alterations in nutrition and leptin administration are found to modulate the PGAR expression in vivo. Taken together, these data suggest a possible role for PGAR in the regulation of systemic lipid metabolism or glucose homeostasis...
- Cross-regulation of C/EBP alpha and PPAR gamma controls the transcriptional pathway of adipogenesis and insulin sensitivityZ Wu
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Mol Cell 3:151-8. 1999..These results define multiple roles for C/EBP alpha in adipogenesis and show that cross-regulation between PPAR gamma and C/EBP alpha is a key component of the transcriptional control of this cell lineage...