L M Candib
Affiliation: Brigham and Women's Hospital
- How will family physicians care for the patient in the context of family and community?L M Candib
Family Health Center of Worcester, Department of Family Medicine and Community Health, University of Massachusetts, 01610, USA
Fam Med 33:298-310. 2001..However, systematic commitment from educational programs is necessary to produce activated clinicians, teachers, and researchers to achieve these changes...
- Working with sufferingLucy M Candib
Family Health Center, 26 Queen Street, Worcester, MA 01610, USA
Patient Educ Couns 48:43-50. 2002..Clinicians around the world need to be willing and able to acknowledge and witness the profound sources of experiential pain in the lives of their patients...
- Making time to write?Lucy M Candib
Department of Family Medicine and Community Health, University of Massachusetts Medical School, and Family Health Center of Worcester, Worcester, MA 01610, USA
Ann Fam Med 3:365-6. 2005..Ultimately, committed writers, with effort and help, find a way to schedule writing as another essential activity in their lives...
- Obesity and diabetes in vulnerable populations: reflection on proximal and distal causesLucy M Candib
Department of Family Medicine and Community Health, University of Massachusetts Medical School and Family Health Center of Worcester, Worcester, Mass, USA
Ann Fam Med 5:547-56. 2007....
- Design and methods for a randomized clinical trial of a diabetes self-management intervention for low-income Latinos: Latinos en ControlMilagros C Rosal
Department of Medicine, Division of Preventive and Behavioral Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 55 Lake Avenue North, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
BMC Med Res Methodol 9:81. 2009..They also have lower literacy levels and are more likely to live in poverty. Interventions are needed to improve diabetes control among low-income Latinos...
- Creating open access to exercise for low-income patients through a community collaboration for quality improvement: if you build it, they will comeLucy M Candib
Family Health Center of Worcester, Worcester, MA 01610, USA
J Ambul Care Manage 31:142-50. 2008..Frequent users (> or =24 visits), had an HbAlc reduction of 1% (P = .02). Community health centers can collaborate with local exercise facilities to ensure that patients have opportunities to pursue healthier lifestyles...
- A randomized clinical trial of a care recommendation letter intervention for somatization in primary careW Perry Dickinson
Department of Family Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO, USA
Ann Fam Med 1:228-35. 2003..This paper describes the impact of a care recommendation (CR) letter intervention on patients with multisomatoform disorder (MSD) and analysis of patient factors that affect the response to the intervention...