Stephen J Bahr
Affiliation: Brigham Young University
- Parental and peer influences on the risk of adolescent drug useStephen J Bahr
Department of Sociology, Brigham Young University, Provo, USA
J Prim Prev 26:529-51. 2005..It speaks to the need for school- and community-based prevention efforts to focus on families as well as peers...
- Successful reentry: what differentiates successful and unsuccessful parolees?Stephen J Bahr
Brigham Young University, Provo, UT 84602, USA
Int J Offender Ther Comp Criminol 54:667-92. 2010..The findings are consistent with an integrated life course theory...
- Parenting style, religiosity, peers, and adolescent heavy drinkingStephen J Bahr
Department of Sociology, Joseph F Smith Building, Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah 84602, USA
J Stud Alcohol Drugs 71:539-43. 2010....
- Reducing juvenile recidivism with cognitive training and a cell phone follow-up: an evaluation of the realvictory programBert O Burraston
Department of Sociology, Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah 84602, USA
Int J Offender Ther Comp Criminol 56:61-80. 2012..These results suggest that cognitive training supplemented with a cell phone coach is an effective and cost-efficient intervention for reducing recidivism...
- Parenting style, religiosity, peer alcohol use, and adolescent heavy drinkingJohn P Hoffmann
Department of Criminology and Criminal Justice, University of South Carolina, Columbia, South Carolina, Department of Sociology, Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah
J Stud Alcohol Drugs 75:222-7. 2014..The purpose of this research was to examine the associations of parenting style, religiosity, and peer alcohol use with alcohol use and heavy drinking...
- Cross-cultural attitudes toward abortion--Greeks versus AmericansStephen J Bahr
Brigham Young University, USA
J Fam Issues 24:402-24. 2003..Second, in Greece religiosity is more strongly related to abortion attitudes than in the United States, particularly to social abortion attitudes. Third, education has a weaker influence in Greece than in the United States...