Genomes and Genes
Avital A Rodal
Affiliation: Brandeis University
- A presynaptic endosomal trafficking pathway controls synaptic growth signalingAvital A Rodal
Department of Biology, The Picower Institute for Learning and Memory, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
J Cell Biol 193:201-17. 2011..Our results define a presynaptic trafficking pathway mediated by SNX16, NWK, and the ESCRT complex that functions to control synaptic growth signaling at the interface between endosomal compartments...
- Nervous wreck and Cdc42 cooperate to regulate endocytic actin assembly during synaptic growthAvital A Rodal
The Picower Institute for Learning and Memory, Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
J Neurosci 28:8316-25. 2008..Together, our results suggest that synaptic growth activated by growth factor signaling is controlled at an endosomal compartment via coordinated Nwk and Cdc42-dependent actin assembly...
- Conformational changes in the Arp2/3 complex leading to actin nucleationAvital A Rodal
Department of Biology, Rosenstiel Basic Medical Sciences Research Center, Brandeis University, Waltham, Massachusetts 02454, USA
Nat Struct Mol Biol 12:26-31. 2005..We conclude that WASp stabilizes p35-dependent closure of the complex, holding Arp2 and Arp3 closer together to nucleate an actin filament...
- Structural and functional dissection of the Abp1 ADFH actin-binding domain reveals versatile in vivo adapter functionsOmar Quintero-Monzon
Department of Biology and Rosenstiel Basic Medical Science Research Center, Brandeis University, Waltham, MA 02454, USA
Mol Biol Cell 16:3128-39. 2005..Together, our data provide the first structural and functional view of the Abp1-actin interaction and show that Abp1 has distinct cellular roles as an adapter, linking different sets of ligands for each function...
- Formation of membrane ridges and scallops by the F-BAR protein Nervous WreckAgata N Becalska
Rosenstiel Basic Medical Sciences Research Center, Department of Biology, Brandeis University, Waltham, MA 02454, USA
Mol Biol Cell 24:2406-18. 2013..These findings expand the repertoire of F-BAR domain mediated membrane deformation and suggest that unique modes of higher-order assembly can define how these proteins sculpt the membrane. ..
- Actin and septin ultrastructures at the budding yeast cell cortexAvital A Rodal
Department of Biology, Rosenstiel Basic Medical Science Research Center, Brandeis University, Waltham, MA 02454, USA
Mol Biol Cell 16:372-84. 2005..These images provide the first high-resolution views of septin organization in cells...
- Synaptic endocytosis: illuminating the role of clathrin assemblyAvital A Rodal
Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Curr Biol 18:R259-61. 2008....