Daniel W Bradford
- Access to medical care among persons with psychotic and major affective disordersDaniel W Bradford
Psychosocial Rehabilitation and Recovery Center, Durham VA Medical Center, MHSL 116D Hillandale 2, 508 Fulton St, Durham, NC 27705, USA
Psychiatr Serv 59:847-52. 2008..This study therefore examined access and barriers to medical care among persons with serious mental illness...
- An open-label pilot study of aripiprazole for male and female veterans with chronic post-traumatic stress disorder who respond suboptimally to antidepressantsNagy A Youssef
VA Mid Atlantic Mental Illness, Research and Clinical Center, Durham Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27705, USA
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 27:191-6. 2012..These promising initial results merit further investigation in a larger, randomized-controlled trial...
- A pilot randomized controlled trial with paroxetine for subthreshold PTSD in Operation Enduring Freedom/Operation Iraqi Freedom era veteransJennifer C Naylor
VA Mid Atlantic Mental Illness, Research and Clinical Center, Durham, NC, USA
Psychiatry Res 206:318-20. 2013..Hospital Anxiety and Depression Scale (HADS) scores improved by 30.4% in the paroxetine group. Paroxetine may have promise for subthreshold PTSD...
- Adverse impact of coercive treatments on psychiatric inpatients' satisfaction with careJennifer L Strauss
Center for Health Services Research in Primary Care, VISN 6 MIRECC, Bldg 6, 508 Fulton Street, Durham, NC, 27705, USA
Community Ment Health J 49:457-65. 2013..Albeit preliminary, these results document associations between patients' satisfaction ratings and their subjective experiences of coercion during both current and prior hospitalizations. ..
- Healthcare barriers among severely mentally ill homeless adults: evidence from the five-site health and risk studyMimi M Kim
Services Effectiveness Research Program in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Duke University Medical Center, Brightleaf Square Suite 23 A, 905 West Main Street, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Adm Policy Ment Health 34:363-75. 2007..Few studies have examined barriers to physical and mental healthcare among homeless mentally adults...
- Proof-of-concept trial with the neurosteroid pregnenolone targeting cognitive and negative symptoms in schizophreniaChristine E Marx
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27705, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 34:1885-903. 2009..Mean BACS and MCCB composite scores were correlated (r(s)=0.74, p<0.0001). Pregnenolone may be a promising therapeutic agent for negative symptoms and merits further investigation for cognitive symptoms in schizophrenia...